The Middle Tennessee Thread

jumpy.gif
cute! Congrats!

Donna I sure hope they are pink cigars.

Anne the little black hen laid an egg between shows when I went to fluff her before the second judge came around the little s*** was acting broody so I pulled her out put some water on her belly and went to blowing till I almost passed out. I did this for 30 mins or so. I placed her back in the cage knowing it was a risk but what was I to do??? Well I was watching the judge and the first time she was kinda ok, but when he went in to pull her out she huffed up and pecked him full on broody. The judge then wrote broody on her cage tag and flipped it over. I was sick.

I have that egg in the bator as we speak it better hatch.

Congrats on all the new babies everyone.

Quote:
I know I shouldn't laugh, but having seen cranky broody silkie hens, that is hysterical!! They are just so darn cute when they are growling and screaming.
lol.png

I'm sorry she didn't hold it off a little bit for you. I'm sure she is gorgeous. You could have swept the field. But the mental image of this sweet, beautifully coiffed little hen growling and pecking the judge is just priceless. I hope she managed to nail him. Is her name Diva by chance?
tongue.png

Anne the first time she was judged she took BV. Yes I about passed out. So I did have high hopes for her the second time being judged. I wanted to see what a silkie from Showgirl breeding would do so I took the pullet and she did place both shows. I was not displeased at all. The second judge had previously DQ'd several silkies. I knew in taking her that type needed to be improved but everything else was great. She is IMO a bit long in the neck and back. I really wish I had looked in the coop before calling in my entry. I have some fantastic blues from Showgirl breeding I am sure would have done well. They do not have an issue with type at all.

Hot 2 Pot she was not DQ'd, just not judged. I spoke with the judge aftwards and he said she is a great hen, but did not judge her based on being broody. We were all laughing about it. Being DQ'd would mean she has a fault which she does not.

Last edited:
Quote:
Matlock -
No one has claimed him yet so he's yours! I'll try to email you my contact info so we can arrange a time for you to come get him if that works for you. Glad he's going to have a good home
smile.png

Woot! I'm so excited! I'll be in touch with you soon. Thanks for the reply, and by the way....
welcome-byc.gif
from White Bluff!

Hey, Matlock. Do you know when you might be able to come get this EE roo? I need to get him out of here soon before we get a complaint against us. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom