The Middle Tennessee Thread

I am so excited. After 14 hours at work I came home to....

Of the 4 sebastopol eggs I got from pips and peeps, 3 started developing and 2 made it to lockdown. Obviously one is pipped and the other is internally pipped per candling. OMG!!!!

Excuse me while I break out into dance and embarass the children.

Just wanted to let everybody on the Middle Tennesee thread know that I raise and sell German Shepherd Dog puppies and will hopefully be having 2 litters soon. My puppies get to be around chickens from their birth. I wanted to invite people to our facebook page to view additional pictures of all of our German Shepherds and that way if you "like" our page you will get immediate updates on our females coming into heat, pregnancies, and puppies. (I'm located right on the TN line, in south central Kentucky).

Here is the web address to our facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Von-Hiestand-Shepherds/162431597116566

And of course, you can always just search Von Hiestand Shepherds on the facebook search bar.

Still looking for a couple pullets/hen that are laying or close to laying. Anyone know of any swaps or meet ups this weekend? I found a few at 11 weeks, so I can get a couple of those but my friend would really like a couple that are laying too. Looking for BO, BR, RIR, Wyandotte(any color), Delaware. Thanks!!!

Becky- Are you going to any sales, shows, meet ups? Feeling like meeting in the middle???

Anne- How are you and your Dad?

I had some gorgeous geese- 4 pairs (I thought)- 2 dog attacks later and now I have 3 setting geese on unfertilized eggs, 1 I thought was a male but not paired to anyone, and pretty sure a girl that was so beat up after surviving the attacks, hasn't laid.

I had success with one and the other just didn't have enough strength to make it. I helped some but still no go. Of course that one was male and I have a new baby girl.

Why is it when you want boys you can't get one and when you need girls you will get eleventy billion of them? I'm sorry you lost the male chick. :(

Dad is coming home tomorrow. They finally started him on steroids for his back and that has helped. He's not perfect, but he is better. He is soooooo ready to be home. His shoulder is actually doing great. Go figure. Thanks for asking!

I'm still around but like Jenski I don't like the new byc so play other places now.
barnie.gif

I have 1 full grown roo part leghorn and part Moron..that isn't a typo! He is a great protector and fine with people..free if anyone wants him.
I also have a few extra layers all late summer fall chicks so not laying long...1 splash copper Marans 1 blue olive egger and 1 buff wheaten more feather legged EE-currently broody
My buns are keeping us more than busy.Just won of opposite sex for the breed and several best of variety.Off to a National show in OH next week
E-mail me don't PM me I don't get the notices now if you want to reach me

Back
Top Bottom