The Migratory/Ornamental Waterfowl INFO Thread

Quote:
yup I know.. But now brood house and catch pen construction starts... And if this crazy weather stays.. Yeah it was 68-70 today they will start breeding soon.. Confusing the poor birds.. Snow then not even a week later 70! Crazy weather we are having!

Quote:
I hear ya, you sound like me, LOL

Was just getting one here to see what you ended up getting, I was excited for you, right now just having to live threw yall. But have plans to get that pen up this summer still.
Just got to wait til the egg money from all the other bantams peafowl and turkeys starts coming in again before I can get started good on the pen itself.

Having to put in 20 more bantam stalls right now, just started that today, and need to get 10 more peafowl pens done quick before they start too, so got my hands and wallet full right now.

Throw us some pics up as soon as you can, would love to see those Hawaiian ducks, just curious, what did they cost? You dont see many of them around. Watch them with your other birds if they are in a community pen. They are basically a mallardish bird and do breed the same, meaning everybodys fair game in their pen, dont want a lot of mixes...

Congrats on the new birds

Thanks!!! I will get some pictures posted soon.. And videos of all their little moves and sounds!

sounds good.
I hear ya on the weather too, last week we seemed to be in low 20's up to 40 ish in the evenings, today was 77 here.

Dont worry, it's supposed to get cold again next week.
My stuff dont know what to do either, the peafowl are out there dancing and courting like it's late March
Turkesy are gobbling, here and in the woods, and the bantams have started to lay a little already, now we'll freeze again as soon as this next front comes threw and screw them all up, LOL

Me too for that matter, never know what to wear any more when I get up, have to go to the front dorr and do the leg test, poke one out the door to see how cold it is,
lol.png

Quote:
same hear.. We have been finding an egg here or therein our chicken pen ( silkies and Cochins) and the toms think it is breeding season.. I'm waiting to find some eggs in there!!

Cold front is here in Alabama so it's heading your way... Heavy rains and man it got cold!

Quote:
it helps when family gets you a gift card to the lumber yard for christmas.
lol.png
problem is, i've already done bought all the lumber i needed. Maybe i should send it your way
wink.png

and also, Just wanted to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

Quote:
it helps when family gets you a gift card to the lumber yard for christmas.
lol.png
problem is, i've already done bought all the lumber i needed. Maybe i should send it your way
wink.png

and also, Just wanted to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

I could use it, LOL

I did get about $130 worth of those myself, but that dont go too far any more. Send any extras you have,
lol.png

Quote:
same hear.. We have been finding an egg here or therein our chicken pen ( silkies and Cochins) and the toms think it is breeding season.. I'm waiting to find some eggs in there!!

Cold front is here in Alabama so it's heading your way... Heavy rains and man it got cold!

Yep, I saw that last night before I went to bed. It's still supposed to be 75 here today, and get to us tonight, so I got to get my butt out there and finish all the post I started yesterday on the bantam stalls.
I dug 40 post holes, you talk about mad if it rains on them before I get the post in....speaking of that, I best get off here and go do that right now... See yall in a bit

First off, I want to say happy new year to everyone!!
Now, here is an update on where I stand(if anyone cares lol)
Well, I showed my dad my powerpoint. He seemed inpressed by it he wanted to see it again lol. But, he still isnt sold on getting them. Hopefully that will change come spring time.

Back
Top Bottom