The Migratory/Ornamental Waterfowl INFO Thread

Quote:
big_smile.png

haha, not me, we havent had a stuck snow in 15 + years here, good ol south Georgia...it has been super cold for us this year though, by that I mean a week here and there that hits the low 20's at night, usually we only get 3-4 of them per season, been 3-4 week of it this year.... looking forward to 100 again....

Quote:
Geez I think I am moving..
Christmas day 4 inches of snow
The two weeks later 7-11 inches
a week later a dusting
Then they called for 3- inches last week but luckily it feel apart before it got here!
then Saturday and Sunday this week 65-70 degreess and by wednesday the high is 40 and the low 28 with rain.. or snow..
I need to move farther south i think!

It is aweful for shipping or recieving anything!!

Quote:

At this rate i think it would just be faster for me to drive down there.
tongue.png
not only are you praying for good weather but i'm right there with ya.

Quote:

At this rate i think it would just be faster for me to drive down there.
tongue.png
not only are you praying for good weather but i'm right there with ya.

Probably!! lol.. I just checked the weather.. and it has been changed from snow/ice Tuesday night to 100% chance of rain because it will be mid 50s- 60s tomorrow and then get down to 31... Yippy!!!

Alabama... the only place wher eyou can have Tornados, Hurricans, Snow, Flood and yes small earthquakes!

See know that your gonna have good weather down there, we are supposed to drop in the negatives and get a 1ft of snow tuesday and wednesday

tuesday low of 5˚ (they keep changing tuesdays) wednesday low of -8˚ and thursday 0˚

Last edited:
Quote:
you can keep that.. My birds are ready to start laying and it's going to get really cold again..

Is it too early for them?? They didn't lay till may last year but looking at some pictures I took you can tell that some of the hens seem to have eggs, or they have some kind if growth.. I'll have to see if I can find those..

We pit pine shavings in the boxes this past week and we will be building about 40 more this weekend with the help of my sons boy scout den!! They are going to build the ground boxes, place shaving out and then learn about all of the birds on the farm.. One brave soul may even get to kill and clean a turkey!!

No it's not too early, our wild wood ducks here usually have ducklings by mid to late Feb. Threw March.
We often started getting eggs in mid Feb. from some of the more southern species like wood ducks ring teal and such, by March April most all should be going, May actually is pretty late for them to just get started, at least here in the south.

Back
Top Bottom