The Millennials Thread (Gen Z is welcome too)

Lol I'm same. My rabbit eats it and she's hyper as heck so it's good enough for me
Yeah makes sense! I used to be like super anti Purina or whatever and only the “best” stuff but then I realized both the cat and Brew do great on it :lau so now I’m like feed whatever works haha although with Brew I did also buy Victor so I usually alternate meals or mix the Puppy Chow with it but still. And Luna ran out of the Purina so she’s on a “better” one now but she still gets the occasional dollar store can :lau

Probably a stupid question but what does the fiber do? Make their poop better or ?
The most common cause of death in rabbits is GI stasis (slow or immobile digestion). Fiber keeps things moving quickly through their system and decreases the risk of digestive issues like slowing or blockages. As long as they eat lots of hay they should be fine no matter what. But I like stacking the deck in my favor by also feeding a high fiber pellet.

I
The most common cause of death in rabbits is GI stasis (slow or immobile digestion). Fiber keeps things moving quickly through their system and decreases the risk of digestive issues like slowing or blockages. As long as they eat lots of hay they should be fine no matter what. But I like stacking the deck in my favor by also feeding a high fiber pellet.
Ahhh okay!! That makes sense!! Thanks! Their diet should be mostly hay anyway, right? Is there a certain percentage of fiber that’s better? Idk why I’m so curious considering I don’t even have a rabbit and didn’t plan on getting another (used to have one). :lau maybe one day though. 🤔

I

Ahhh okay!! That makes sense!! Thanks! Their diet should be mostly hay anyway, right? Is there a certain percentage of fiber that’s better? Idk why I’m so curious considering I don’t even have a rabbit and didn’t plan on getting another (used to have one). :lau maybe one day though. 🤔
Reptiles (like Tad and Hoshi) are also prone to impaction (blockage) so I am a little paranoid about my pets’ poops 🤣

Back
Top Bottom