The Millennials Thread (Gen Z is welcome too)

Lol what's up. Just having food in front of her while you comb her should keep her distracted and if you wanted to give her pets in between brushes should work

I would sit behind her when you are brushing her
Thanks! Maybe if I try using pellets or greens as the bribe (and sit behind her)... I was using a chunk of carrot or beet but she will run away with that if I am not holding it.

@EverythingDucks any tips on how to get Niven to let me comb her fur? Bribes worked for awhile but last time she seemed to think I was attacking her with a comb so that I could steal her beet slice. She growled and bit me 😑
Do you start by petting her? Sometimes you can switch to brushing without her noticing you aren't just petting her.
Do you hold her while grooming her or set her down somewhere? Rabbits that don't like being held will freak out more when being grooming while being held at the same time.
It's best to set her down on a table or chair.
And of course distracting her with food and treats will help.
Be sure to pet her a lot in between brushing.

Do you start by petting her? Sometimes you can switch to brushing without her noticing you aren't just petting her.
Do you hold her while grooming her or set her down somewhere? Rabbits that don't like being held will freak out more when being grooming while being held at the same time.
It's best to set her down on a table or chair.
And of course distracting her with food and treats will help.
Be sure to pet her a lot in between brushing.
Thanks! I usually sit on the floor next to her. She doesn't like being held AT ALL. I will definitely try small amounts of brushing mixed with lots ofpetting next time.

Anyone got any brush recs? I have one of those horribly expensive rabbit combs but it sometimes tugs a bit and then she gets upset.

Back
Top Bottom