The moment I’ve been dreading- cockerel or pullet?

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
I got this chick because “she” was in need of help, was in bad condition. I ignored the fact that she was probably a he just because she needed help. But now the moment I’ve been dreading… is she a he? Is there any possibility she is a she?

Attachments

• IMG_7622.jpeg
    IMG_7622.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7624.jpeg
    IMG_7624.jpeg
    258.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7617.jpeg
    IMG_7617.jpeg
    343 KB · Views: 15
And if she is a he, is there any possibility he is a she? I’ve thought Cheshire was mislabeled and was actually a cockerel but he still doesn’t act like one. I can only keep one of these two if they’re both roosters to keep a stable hen to rooster ratio… I have two other roosters peacefully living together, a Swedish flower cockerel and a light Brahma rooster so I might end up selling Cheshire the buff Brahma if he is a he…. I love him to death but I also like diversity so I want to keep Ziggy(the naked neck).
My light Brahma actually loves my young Buff Brahmas, especially Cheshire. He feeds them and follows them sometimes

Attachments

• IMG_7559.jpeg
    IMG_7559.jpeg
    483.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7560.jpeg
    IMG_7560.jpeg
    553.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7561.jpeg
    IMG_7561.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7555.jpeg
    IMG_7555.jpeg
    919.7 KB · Views: 15
And if she is a he, is there any possibility he is a she? I’ve thought Cheshire was mislabeled and was actually a cockerel but he still doesn’t act like one. I can only keep one of these two if they’re both roosters to keep a stable hen to rooster ratio… I have two other roosters peacefully living together, a Swedish flower cockerel and a light Brahma rooster so I might end up selling Cheshire the buff Brahma if he is a he…. I love him to death but I also like diversity so I want to keep Ziggy(the naked neck).
My light Brahma actually loves my young Buff Brahmas, especially Cheshire. He feeds them and follows them sometimes
How old?

NN - cockerel, although its a bit young to be sure. How old?
Buff bird, 3-4 months old, is a pullet.
Quite young, I didn’t ask age but he seems to be just finishing feathering out. He is a runt though he was tiny compared to his siblings who were all pure breds. I’d guess at least a month?

And not exactly finished feathering out more of his wings tail and back are done

Back
Top Bottom