Young BR showed up overnight…pullet or cockerel?

loohoo

Songster
May 9, 2020
Southern Ohio, US
I took the dog out first thing this morning, and there was a chicken trying desperately to get into our run with our chickens. It’s not ours and no one around us has chickens! 😳 The moment it saw me, it came running and let me just pick it up.
He/she is currently quarantined in our garage, but I’m wondering if it’s a pullet or a cockerel? I have NO idea about age either, maybe 12-13 weeks? (Open to opinions on that as well!) He/she is very friendly, and docile, with a huge appetite.
The whole thing is a big mystery…there is truly no one in our neighborhood that has chickens. This little one had to have made a journey.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_5728.jpeg
    IMG_5728.jpeg
    634.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5729.jpeg
    IMG_5729.jpeg
    641.5 KB · Views: 33
I'm thinking pullet. Please keep her separated from your other birds, she might've been exposed to things you don't want spreading
Thanks! I was thinking that myself, due to the size of the comb and no wattles but I wasn’t sure. I’m not too good at this guessing game! 😊
Yes, I’ll keep her separated!

I'm leaning Pullet as well, looks around the 10-13 week old range, and judging by the coloration, comb and leg color, I'm saying Pullet for now.
Looks to be in really good health, but keep her separated until you get a full chance to examine her for several weeks. Christmas came early to you!
Thank you!!
Yes, it sure did! She’s a real sweetheart too! The kids named her Clover (as in 4-leaf clover) because she’s lucky she managed to survive on her own until she found us. 😊

Back
Top Bottom