The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Hmm. Trying to decide which is the better deal…Buy a dozen fertile BBS Orp hatching eggs for $60 and pay extra to have them shipped to me or take a little road-trip up north to pick out 5 chicks with colors I want for $60 instead? 🤔

Hmm. Trying to decide which is the better deal…Buy a dozen fertile BBS Orp hatching eggs for $60 and pay extra to have them shipped to me or take a little road-trip up north to pick out 5 chicks with colors I want for $60 instead? 🤔
Average hatch rate for shipped eggs is what, 50%? I'd go for chicks.

Average hatch rate for shipped eggs is what, 50%? I'd go for chicks.
Yeah, that’s about right depending on distance/fertility/location. This breeder is about a 2hr drive north of me, so not too far away and now I’m thinking that even if I do decide to get some eggs too then it’s still probably best if I were to just pick them up myself rather than dealing with the atrocities of pony express this year.

Yeah, that’s about right depending on distance/fertility/location. This breeder is about a 2hr drive north of me, so not too far away and now I’m thinking that even if I do decide to get some eggs too then it’s still probably best if I were to just pick them up myself rather than dealing with the atrocities of pony express this year.
So any updates?
I mean it's been like 3 days.
bored-depressed (1).gif

Back
Top Bottom