The Moonshiner's Leghorn Thread Peanut Gallery

The Avian pet shop that I sell babies to, pays $700.00 each. That's still baby, 40% feathered and multiple feedings a day..
If I sell them privately after fully feathered and imprinted,taking one or two feedings a day,learning to perch on your hand,and can start to have parrot feed,veggies and fruit introduced,they can go for up to $1,200.00.

Factoring in time, feed and labor,it's not a lucrative endeavor. Figure also that trips to the vet destroy any chance of profits should you need a consultation or medication. There are not many vets that specialize in Parrots around here and they are brutal on their prices they do this because they know they can. One way to combat illness and poor health in Parrots is rotating their feed from seed to fruit and vegetables; constant clean water and clean housing is a must.
So...we do this because we love it.
I would love to be part of a conservation program we will see what the future holds.
Are those green and yellow ones the only breed you have?

And your favorite is.....
All of them.But the Amazon's are the best pets.They are stable in temperament and can handle changes.Most other breeds as the Cockatoos and Greys resort to lashing out when routines change.Self mutilate and pick their feathers... equivalent to humans chewing on their fingernails. The majority of the Amazons seem to handle stress better.

Last edited:
All of them.But the Amazon's are the best pets.They are stable in temperament and can handle changes.Most other breeds as the Cockatoos and Greys resort to lashing out when routines change.Self mutilate and pick their feathers... equivalent to humans chewing on their fingernails. The majority of the Amazons seem to handle stress better.
The cuban, Yellow Nape or blue amazons?

@ColtHandorf !!!
Miranda Priestly.gif

I've been summoned?

Back
Top Bottom