The Moonshiner's Leghorn Thread Peanut Gallery

I love umbrella cockatoos (i know nigel isn't but shush)
Sadly.
They are clownish,sweet beautiful birds,but very susceptible to feather plucking. They are often victims of impulse buying and unfortunately when the attention changes the they take it to heart and go to town on their chest feathers and it spreads from there. You also see it usually when they're sexually mature and don't have a mate they get pretty bad.
The same attention you give it when you first get it has to continue throughout your life and remember since these birds outlive humans in most cases it's a 24/7 relationship.

Sadly.
They are clownish,sweet beautiful birds,but very susceptible to feather plucking. They are often victims of impulse buying and unfortunately when the attention changes the they take it to heart and go to town on their chest feathers and it spreads from there. You also see it usually when they're sexually mature and don't have a mate they get pretty bad.
The same attention you give it when you first get it has to continue throughout your life and remember since these birds outlive humans in most cases it's a 24/7 relationship.
*nigel’s song begins to take new meaning*

Way, way too much work. And they are expensive. I'd much rather focus on the outside birds and start getting some finches and small hookbills again.
That makes sense!! Good idea! I forget what species you had again? Did you ever have any of the ones on Miami’s list?

Back
Top Bottom