The Moonshiner's Leghorn Thread Peanut Gallery

Don't listen to her! She doesn't know anything about genes in chickens.
Animated GIF

She is right though. Lavender (Self Blue) is different than Blue (Andalusian Blue).

This is the issue with people just making stuff up. Like Elven Fart x Fairy Wing Farli chickens or some other ridiculousness. Why in every dog breed is this merle?
View attachment 3273414View attachment 3273415View attachment 3273416View attachment 3273417View attachment 3273418View attachment 3273419
But in dachshunds it is called Dapple/Double Dapple?
View attachment 3273420View attachment 3273421
View attachment 3273422View attachment 3273423

Because people randomly decide to call a thing a thing. You see it all the time in the pet trade where common names are shared by multiple species.
There you go again, tempting me with Elven Fart

Would it make you happier if I mentioned that my colors don't breed true when I call them things like that?
Schitts Creek Slapping GIF by CBC

No!!!! They revoked their right to a name when they became an amalgamation of multiple breeds. They are ornamental mixes. lol You can add Fibro or Long-tailed if you must, but the name needs to describe the bird in a way that an uneducated moron will have a general idea of what they are purchasing. Just look at all the idiots here who think Americanas are a breed because a hatchery called them that. Or Midnight Majesty Marans or any of the other popular garbage the hatcheries churn out. You are a breeder. Set yourself apart and assume the title that is yours. Do not yield to the people begging for Olive Eggers. Tell them you don't have that trash, and if they want colored eggs, they can purchase pure-bred, rare Araucanas. Be dedicated to the preservation of old and true breeds.
princess charlotte heart GIF

Schitts Creek Slapping GIF by CBC

No!!!! They revoked their right to a name when they became an amalgamation of multiple breeds. They are ornamental mixes. lol You can add Fibro or Long-tailed if you must, but the name needs to describe the bird in a way that an uneducated moron will have a general idea of what they are purchasing. Just look at all the idiots here who think Americanas are a breed because a hatchery called them that. Or Midnight Majesty Marans or any of the other popular garbage the hatcheries churn out. You are a breeder. Set yourself apart and assume the title that is yours. Do not yield to the people begging for Olive Eggers. Tell them you don't have that trash, and if they want colored eggs, they can purchase pure-bred, rare Araucanas. Be dedicated to the preservation of old and true breeds.
princess charlotte heart GIF
My pheonixes are the ones throwing these colors, not my red coop.

My pheonixes are the ones throwing these colors, not my red coop.
So they are just Phoenix. Like my Seramas are just Seramas and my Araucana are just Araucana. My Opringtons are their color and their breed, unless accidents happen. And then they are sold as non-standard English Orpingtons with the moniker, "Enjoy the eye candy!"

Back
Top Bottom