The Moonshiner's Leghorns

I'll look for a pic a saw once of a buff X duckwing cross. They were like a buff X black or whatever cross where they have a ton of buff coloring on the front half but not the back half.
It really reminded me of this one except it was buff and this one is white.
Wondering if this one is because of same kinda thing except maybe it got buff with the dilute genes but no mahogany.
IDK she is interesting.
Another note. No mottling on buff side. That's actually what I'm trying for is mottled black tailed buff and other variations.
Another nota they have been throwing brown head offspring so seems my MF had at least ona partridge (brown) gene at the e.

I'll look for a pic a saw once of a buff X duckwing cross. They were like a buff X black or whatever cross where they have a ton of buff coloring on the front half but not the back half.
It really reminded me of this one except it was buff and this one is white.
Wondering if this one is because of same kinda thing except maybe it got buff with the dilute genes but no mahogany.
IDK she is interesting.
Another note. No mottling on buff side. That's actually what I'm trying for is mottled black tailed buff and other variations.
Another nota they have been throwing brown head offspring so seems my MF had at least ona partridge (brown) gene at the e.
Hmm well she does look diluted. I really would expect her to look slightly more orangey than that though.
I expect that could be what she is.

Ya I don't know that I'm sure what that should look like but I was thinking at least some color. Maybe a cream or straw look or something.
I wouldn't think it was a freakish change to silver base but who knows.
Hope she hangs around a while I can do some test breeding and see what she throws.
I don't get enough head scratchers but it is super exciting and sometimes frustrating when I do.

I'll post a few juvies I took pics of when I was moving birds.
Pics suck but...

This is a pair from my silver crele project.
Male only has one gene for cuckoo but its progress.
Edit to add. Almost forgot the male should also carry gold. Hoping so because then I could use one rooster for crele and silver crele.
20200717_151626(1).jpg
20200717_151223(1)(1).jpg

This is a blue pullet. By spring I should have a few to work with.
20200717_151341(1)(1).jpg

This is a blue silver duckwing. Hopefully I'll have enough to get somewheres with next spring.
She unfortunately looks to have white legs. IDK tbey sure looked yellow when she hatched.
Either way she carries yellow so I can work with her.
Next to standard silver.
20200717_151828(1).jpg

Last edited:
Edit to add. Almost forgot the male should also carry gold. Hoping so because then I could use one rooster for crele and silver crele.

Must be getting old.
Can't believe I forgot that and had to go back and add it in.
Maybe I need to start writing things done.
IDK then maybe some day turn it into a book.

@Amer
Here's that pic. (Not my birds) buff Orpington over brown leghorn.
Reminded me of my pullet's pattern just wrong colors.
View attachment 2252045
Wow! That’s really interesting looking. It kinda looks like someone fused a buff Orpington and brown Leghorn together.
And it really does look like that pullet. I guess we’ll see.

Back
Top Bottom