The Moonshiner's Leghorns

I had a cuckoo and a cuckoo duckwing that you didn't list but after looking I don't think either made it into the pics.
Besides that I didn't get any cuckoo lavender duckwings but there is a cuckoo lavender that you missed.
View attachment 2246786
I see it in last pic. At the top in the middle.
Of course you can't tell from pics but the lavender duckwings could be lavender silver or lavender gold pullets or lavender silver/gold cockerels.
Two of the buff are from a mottled buff project. Haven't tried to look close but there is a chance for mottled buff.
Don't believe there is but also a chance an exchequer could have cuckoo.
I think that covers it all.
Aye.
I couldn’t really see the stripes very well so I assumed all of them were duckwing, but I see that now.
Is this the barred lavender.View attachment 2247308
Those are exchequer.
TheMoonshiner showed a cropped photo of it.

Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing? The gray ones.
Idk what you think youre seeing?
If your thinking theyre from the birds I got from ChicKat. Unfortunately they are not.
Ive had terrible luck getting any eggs from those.
That may change in the near future. Haven't said much because I don't want to jinx it.

@Amer
Can I just quit worrying about marking these d@mn chicks?
Just show pics and you'll ID them for me.
XD
Thanks for the compliment.
I don’t know about that. I’m sure there are others better at identifying them than me. Turkey genetics people do a wonder. I study turkey genetics constantly and still can’t wrap my head around the phenotypes and genotypes of certain birds.
“This is black-winged bronze based with a copy of red and a copy of grey and a copy of pencilling,” they’ll say.
And I’m just trying to figure out how it’s different from the picture of the next turkey which is apparently a rusty slate with a Narragansett gene or something.

Back
Top Bottom