The Moonshiner's Leghorns

To the answer.....
That looks like a cluster Yuck. Id rather stack bobcats then untangle that mess.
Anyways I know the czech company theyre talking about. It the company Hoover's work with to bring in the sapphire gems then the calico princess. Other hatcheries followed suit with the blue rocks.
Seems this hatchery has now jumped on the bandwagon.
Idk if something is lost in translation or its stupidity on one end or the other or both.
I know with the SGs the czech company change their info in the description from an "andalusian type" to a barred rock after Hoover's first year. Then by the second year they took down their description.
I have a feeling things are different over there then here and they do things a bit different and their buyers probably aren't as quick to catch things as we are here since the us has so many hatcheries and buyers seem to educate themselves instead of just going with what is posted on a hatchery website.
I have a feeling dominant CZ wasn't completely correct with tbeir advertising and then this hatchery put their own twist on things to up sells.
It sounds ridiculous to say we put these to breeds together and tbey produced leghorns.
All I know for sure is that I won't ever be buying any birds from that hatchery

Screenshot_20200720-115735.png

Screenshot_20200720-115830.png

Same bird being advertised by different suppliers... Could this be a case of copy and paste within the industry?

I called Townline and the person who answered the phone basically sounded -unfortunately -like he was reading from a script. He very very polite and went on to read,umm sorry,state, it was a cross between a Barred and a Sussex, and that they were from the Czech Republic. I also asked him how was it that they were calling them Leghorns? He said it was to differentiate the color of the eggs from other brown egg laying breeds.
Ok fair enough. The guy's just doing his job and I was truly curious as to getting down to the nuts and bolts of it.

Back
Top Bottom