The Moonshiner's Leghorns

I don't have any recessive white in any of my birds.
Possible dominate white in some buffs maybe. But that would be only option and you didn't get any eggs from them.
Okay, thanks. I know she's not out of your birds (those combs are a dead give away between your gold duckwings and my pheonix gold duckwings) her grandma had dominant white and her grandpa had recessive though so I've found myself in a pickle.

Between a blue silver duckwing and a normal silver duckwing, is there one you'd use over the other for the test breeding?

So your plan is to breed her a cockerel that has neither so if she's recessive you'll get no whites but if shes dominate you'll eventually get something with white.
Either of those cockerels would work the same.

I also do have a recessive white male, but if she's dominant, I'm not sure how those chicks would look
It depends what else she is. Dominate won't cover gold tones.
Dominate white on duckwing is Pyle. One copy would have specks like a paint.
If she's out of duckwings and all white it has to be recessive white

It depends what else she is. Dominate won't cover gold tones.
Dominate white on duckwing is Pyle. One copy would have specks like a paint.
If she's out of duckwings and all white it has to be recessive white
Her grandmama was a white laced buff sebright. Grandpa was a gold duckwing with a recessive white gene. Mama was mostly buff with a few random white laced feathers and most of the possible dads are also possible recessive carriers or my recessive white male. Bird in question is pretty dang white. I don't even think she has any of typical leaky neck feathers that her recessive white type should have.

Lots going on but not much getting done it feels like.
Transiting from winter mood to spring mood and running around like an adhd chicken with its head cut off.
Maintenance stuff.... setting up the garden hoses. :weeno more 🪣ing water. Replaced a couple wheels on the 🦍 cart with no flat ones. :weeit rolls smooth enough now the boy can drag 5 bags at a time to the barn.
Neighbor had someone dump a beat up 6' x 8' x 4' 🐕 kennel on the edge of his property and he asked if I wanted it. Heck ya. Had to do some repairs but I had the parts. Connected it to one I already had so another 8' x 12' pen set up. Now I just need to ramshackle a shelter for it. :wee
Starting to get quite a few 🥚s so I've got all the boys and girls seperated. Now to start making any repairs needed to and setting up breeding pens.
Not really sure what colors/patterns are gonna be priority just yet. Got a few in mind but need to see how many birds and which pens they need before deciding on the others.
Idk if I'll set anything for the Easter 🐣 but if not I should have something going by the middle of the month.

Back
Top Bottom