The Never Ending Story Of The Buffingtons

Chapter 20: Ice Age

Today is freezing.

But the Buffingtons were nice and warm.

Today, the Buffingtons decided to take a nice walk outside. They were very surprised how cold it was. But they still went outside and drank their newly cleaned water.

Lady Eggnog wasn't sure she wanted to go out into the cold, but, the fresh water was too tempting.

But soon, the Buffingtons got cold. And went back inside to continue drinking.

Want to hear more about the Buffingtons' cold days? Read the next chapter of: "The Never Ending Story Of The Buffingtons"!

Chapter 21: Bedtime For The Buffingtons

It is late in the evening, twilight was just begining.

It was time for the Buffingtons to go to sleep. It was so cold outside, the Buffingtons' water dish had frozen over!

The Buffingtons placed their water and feed dishes inside their coop. (notice Lady Chipmunk on the heater
roll.png
(No comments on how it's dangerous etc. etc, we're working on making it safer.))

Monday, it had been warm enough to clean out the chicken coop. (With the power washer
woot.gif
) So the Buffingtons now have new hay in their nest box.

And, they also got a new ramp, because Miss Q couldn't get down from the top roost.

The heater was quickly turned on, but Lady Eggnog was cold. She snuggled up on the ground and fluffed up her feathers to warm herself.

The Buffingtons shut the door and were soon snuggled up together, half asleep.

Want to hear more about the Buffingtons bedtimes? Read the next chapter of: "The Never Ending Story Of The Buffingtons"!

Chapter 22: Summer Wish List

Today was beautiful. But, it was also very cold.

The Buffingtons were looking forward to summer. They already had a wish list!
1) New sand for their sand pit.

2) A better garden hose, The were tired of having their water cleaned out in the house, it takes too long.

3) They wanted to stay outside all day long. It was boring staying in the coop all day.

4) They wanted to stay outside in the chicken tractor.

5) And, FREE RANGING!!!

Yes, the Buffingtons were very much looking forward to summer
smile.png

I know you all love chapters with lots of text (But you also love pictures
smile.png
) So, here's a chapter with as much text as I could get.

Chapter 23: Ahh Memories. (How The Buffingtons Got Their 'Last' Name)

When the Buffingtons were just chicks, they were already called 'The Buffingtons' (and the bantams were called: "The Silkingtons" But that didn't stick) The reason for this is....

TLG was watching her mother make a phone call. "Hello," Her mother (The Woman Giant TWG)Said,
"We were wondering if you had some Buffington chicks?" TLG started to laugh. "UM...Yes, I did mean Buff Orpington..." TLG laughed even harder. "You don't? Alright, Thank you for your time." TLG was still laughing when TWG hung up the phone. "What?" TWG asked. TLG walked away.
THE NEXT DAY>3
TLG, once again, was watching TWG make yet another phone call. "Hello," TWG said, "Do you have any Buffington chicks?" "BUFF ORPINGTONS MOM!" TLG said. "Whoops, I mean Buff Orpington chicks. You have some? Thank you, we'll be right over." TWG hung up the phone and said: "They have four of them at the moment, we'll wait for your father (TTG) to come home, then we will go over." TLG started laughing again, muttering "Buffington chicks". "You know," TWG said,"I think we'll call them The Buffingtons."

And the name stuck.

Here's a picture of Sky!

Back
Top Bottom