The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

starting bid is 39.95 one dz eggs you can choose cochins, or welbars or mix them in this auction

you get 12 eggs ends in 3 days this Sunday at 5pm MST for monday shipping location kingman AZ
to keep bids where they can be found quote this post with your bids I haighly recommend the special handling from the post office they hand carry them and put them in a wire cage like live chicks instead of tossing them in a bin with everyone elses packages they will be packed in foam sleeve forms thank you. Go to feathermeadows.com to see parent stock. good luck

Last edited:
starting bid is 48 depending on your bid you can build your own dz from list below EXAMPLE bids of 54 can choose from any eggs priced at 4 to 4.50

Make your own dz pick and choose your eggs from the price list below based on your bid
Black copper marans 4.50 per egg
White Marans 5.50 per egg
Cochins 4.00 per egg
Cream Crested Legbar 5.50 per egg
First import Isbar 5.50 per egg
Fly tie genetic hackle 8.00 per egg
Welbar 4.50 per egg
sold by the full dz only so have fun
shipping is 18 if needed. special handling service from the post office cost additional 10.35 and is paid by me

you get 12 eggs ends in 3 days this Sunday at 5pm MST for monday shipping location kingman AZ

HI LACYMORGAN -
This is a complicated auction. It may discourage people from bidding. It is really like a BIN with people bidding against eachother for different eggs.

People only interested in genetic hackle for example at $8 an egg are bidding against people who are interested in cochins ay $4 each. And these prices are your regular prices found in the BST section, so why would poeple bid MORE for the same eggs in a complicated auction?

You could list several auctions, for example one for the cheaper eggs say only the eggs in the $4 to $5.50 range, a second for the Fly tie genetic hackle?

As an incentive to get people to bid you could lower the starting price.

People come to this thread to find really fast fun auctions where people list great deals. It is not really an alternative outlet for selling eggs at your regular prices.

BTW your pervious auction was great. I was sorry I missed it.

Last edited:
starting bid is 48 depending on your bid you can build your own dz from list below EXAMPLE bids of 54 can choose from any eggs priced at 4 to 4.50

Make your own dz pick and choose your eggs from the price list below based on your bid
Black copper marans 4.50 per egg
White Marans 5.50 per egg
Cochins 4.00 per egg
Cream Crested Legbar 5.50 per egg
First import Isbar 5.50 per egg
Fly tie genetic hackle 8.00 per egg
Welbar 4.50 per egg
sold by the full dz only so have fun
shipping is 18 if needed. special handling service from the post office cost additional 10.35 and is paid by me

Where did you get your Welbars? I wasn't aware they were available in the US. How dark are their eggs?

Where did you get your Welbars? I wasn't aware they were available in the US. How dark are their eggs?
They are created here in the US by several breeders, they are actually quite simple to create, it just takes 4 generations to do it. Here is a great page with info and a recipe for doing it yourself: http://www.harislau.info/welbars

I am offering them for the first time this year also. Here is a pic of eggs from my Welbars, Welsummers and Copper Marans (in order, left to right).
You can see why I have to mark the eggs as I collect them, I really can't tell them apart.

I also made a Welbar page under breeds and posted a review with additional pics of the adults and chicks. I have found them to be very close to the Bielefelders in many ways. Their eggs are darker and they hatch better for me (mostly because my Biels are problematic with fertility right now).

They are created here in the US by several breeders, they are actually quite simple to create, it just takes 4 generations to do it. Here is a great page with info and a recipe for doing it yourself: http://www.harislau.info/welbars

I am offering them for the first time this year also. Here is a pic of eggs from my Welbars, Welsummers and Copper Marans (in order, left to right).
You can see why I have to mark the eggs as I collect them, I really can't tell them apart.

Do you have more photos of the breeders? One hen photo on your website looks like a cream legbar with crooked comb and a crest.

Back
Top Bottom