The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

I have call duck eggs available for shipping Monday or Tuesday of next week (3/7 or 3/8). I have over a dozen now, might have 2 dozen by 3/8.

Anybody want some for $10 plus $11 priority usps shipping?
Payment by PayPal.

I have quite a few colors in my flock, they all hang out together, so offspring could be any combination.
View attachment 3014823View attachment 3014824View attachment 3014825View attachment 3014826View attachment 3014827View attachment 3014833View attachment 3014834View attachment 3014835
My incubator is full but if you can ship them like they are nitroglycerin I might be tempted to try them when they are next available. My local PO delivers stuff that looks like Ace Ventura has had a go at it. They've even cracked goose eggs.
Jim Carrey Ups GIF by Ace Ventura
Jim Carrey Shipping GIF by Morgan Creek

Also, I've had terrible luck incubating Calls. So I'm going to need all the help with that. Unless someone is broody at the time...

My incubator is full but if you can ship them like they are nitroglycerin I might be tempted to try them when they are next available. My local PO delivers stuff that looks like Ace Ventura has had a go at it. They've even cracked goose eggs.
Jim Carrey Ups GIF by Ace Ventura
Jim Carrey Shipping GIF by Morgan Creek

Also, I've had terrible luck incubating Calls. So I'm going to need all the help with that. Unless someone is broody at the time...
:lol:
I bet your mail goes through Dallas? So I can imagine Ace Ventura working there. (No offense intended to anyone!!) The larger cities do seem to cause more damage to packages. Nashville and DC are two of the worst, in my experience.

@Mrs. Fluffy Puffy is also in Texas, so maybe she will give us a report of how my packing does. :D

I bet your mail goes through Dallas? So I can imagine Ace Ventura working there. (No offense intended to anyone!!) The larger cities do seem to cause more damage to packages. Nashville and DC are two of the worst, in my experience.

@Mrs. Fluffy Puffy is also in Texas, so maybe she will give us a report of how my packing does. :D
I'm pretty sure it's just my PO. lol My friends about 10 minutes up the road have had eggs shipped in that I've hatched for them with no trouble at all. Like 30 chicks out of 36 eggs. Mine is a very small rural office with weird hours, so I can't ever get there to pick the eggs up either, so they always put them in the garage so I can almost back over them when I get home from work. Which I suppose is better than my friends who had one left on the tailgate of their pick up in 100-degree weather in Texas and the other was put on the trashcan at the end of the driveway.

Yes ma'am, I sure can!
Shame on the PO employees that treat packages so rough😒 Us BYC'ers need to start a poultry and hatching egg 'Uber Driver's' system to transport our hatching eggs, baby chicks and such to each other, because other poultry owners would know how to handle eggs and poultry 🙂

Yes ma'am, I sure can!
Shame on the PO employees that treat packages so rough😒 Us BYC'ers need to start a poultry and hatching egg 'Uber Driver's' system to transport our hatching eggs, baby chicks and such to each other, because other poultry owners would know how to handle eggs and poultry 🙂
Think you may have something there…lol.

We could use a system like U-Ship, if anybody was traveling out of state, they could take any poultry or hatching eggs with them and meet or drop them off along the way and earn some money for their time, instead of us paying the PO to handle our packages roughly.
Think you may have something there…lol.

My eggs arrived this morning! Not a single one broken! She packaged them so well! 😊 I'm going to let them sit a little while before I give them to some broody girls. Do yall think 18 Call eggs is too many to give a Muscovy hen to sit on?

My eggs arrived this morning! Not a single one broken! She packaged them so well! 😊 I'm going to let them sit a little while before I give them to some broody girls. Do yall think 18 Call eggs is too many to give a Muscovy hen to sit on?

Yay!! I'm so happy they arrived safely. :ya

I've had Call hens sit on 12-15 eggs, I would think 18 would fit under a muscovy hen. Is she a very big girl? Has she hatched before? I don't know how rough they are on eggs, so that would be something to consider. I assume call eggs are a bit smaller than muscovy eggs?

I've had Call hens sit on 12-15 eggs, I would think 18 would fit under a muscovy hen. Is she a very big girl? Has she hatched before? I don't know how rough they are on eggs, so that would be something to consider. I assume call eggs are a bit smaller than muscovy eggs?
Ooh okay, well she should be able to handle that many then. She's a decent sized girl. She has tried to sit at least two years in a row I think, one year her eggs weren't good possibly and last year I gave her chicken eggs to hatch but a bullsnake came and caused trouble☹️ So maybe she will get to be a mother this time!
And yes, Muscovy eggs are larger than Call eggs so I will see if I can't stash most of them underneath her later today.

Do Want 2.jpg

If they didn't arrive broken or full of bubbles from having the absolute shiz addled out of them and air cells broken, I will definitely be bidding next time I have incubator space. I may have them shipped to the homestead husbands and pick them up.

Muscovy eggs are bigger, but she might be able to handle 18? I'd just watch her and see.

Back
Top Bottom