The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

My bid is on pips and peeps LF. I was going to edit it but wanted the time right. I don't even know if I made it in time.

Yes, you won the lf. I am waiting for payment to ship this afternoon.
big_smile.png

OK,
I'm only planning on doing this ONCE as I'm pretty much hatching everything that's laid right now. 24+ hour Auction Ending 8PM Sharp Central Standard Time, Wed 08/21. Shipping may be able to go out Sat but it could be Monday or Tues (sorry starting a new job). The eggs will be packed freshest for which ever day. I may be out til auction end tommorow so ask any questions tonight. PP at end of auction.

Auctions are for 6+ fresh eggs. Bidding to start at $30. +SH $15

1. B/B/S/Sex-Linked Chocolate/Mauve Silkied Ameraucana project.

Silkied Ameracauna was a natural spontaneous occurrence that surfaced from a pair in Texas in 2010. No silkies were crossed in for these big fluffies to happen. Chocolate English Orpingtons were used to introduce the chocolate genes a number of generations ago. Silkied and Chocolate are both recessive traits, unless these genes pair, up the birds hatched from these eggs will appear as typical Black, Blue or Splash Ameraucana. Mauve is chocolate expressed with blue, it looks like chocolate milk. While Splash, Chocolate and Mauve are not colors accepted by the Ameracauna Breed associations yet, top bloodlines were used to create this project. Egg color is blue/blue green.
This pen contains ChooksChicks/BeakHouse breeding stock of:
Blue roo split for silkied and chocolate, Chocolate hen split for silkied and two Blue hens split for silkied.
Split to split breedings will produce 25% silkied, 25% non-silkied and 50% split for silkied. This group may also produce chocolate or mauve males and females.

2) Konza Prairie Rangers Project - The Perfect Homesteaders Flock

Another breeding group from ChooksChicks/BeakHouse projects. This designer breed project consists of carefully selected Partridge Chantecler, Australian Coronation/Light Sussex, Plymouth Rock, Orpington and Cornish lines".

Rapid growth, good layers, excellent foragers, small cushion combs. Big meaty roos grow quickly tho not as quickly as the Cornish X's but without the health issues. The smaller hens eat less and first year pullets typically lay pink with white flecked eggs 5 days out of 7. These are a work in progress and a single comb may pop up yet, but they all ready have a great fan base. Color is not fixed yet but predominantly white with black markings like a Delaware or occasionally with black lacing on the breast. Red is also somewhat common.

Eggs are individually bubble wrapped, double box packed, shipped USPS Priority and marked fragile. It is the buyer’s responsibility to verify that eggs may be shipped from Missouri to your state. It is recommended that you have the package held at your local PO for pickup. Not yet NPIP.

Due to conditions out of our control such as handling by the USPS and varying incubation techniques and equipment malfunctions, successful hatching cannot be guaranteed. By bidding, you accept that we bear no responsibility once the eggs have left our possession.

OK,
I'm only planning on doing this ONCE as I'm pretty much hatching everything that's laid right now. 24+ hour Auction Ending 8PM Sharp Central Standard Time, Wed 08/21. Shipping may be able to go out Sat but it could be Monday or Tues (sorry starting a new job). The eggs will be packed freshest for which ever day. I may be out til auction end tommorow so ask any questions tonight. PP at end of auction.

Auctions are for 6+ fresh eggs. Bidding to start at $30. +SH $15

1. B/B/S/Sex-Linked Chocolate/Mauve Silkied Ameraucana project.

Silkied Ameracauna was a natural spontaneous occurrence that surfaced from a pair in Texas in 2010. No silkies were crossed in for these big fluffies to happen. Chocolate English Orpingtons were used to introduce the chocolate genes a number of generations ago. Silkied and Chocolate are both recessive traits, unless these genes pair, up the birds hatched from these eggs will appear as typical Black, Blue or Splash Ameraucana. Mauve is chocolate expressed with blue, it looks like chocolate milk. While Splash, Chocolate and Mauve are not colors accepted by the Ameracauna Breed associations yet, top bloodlines were used to create this project. Egg color is blue/blue green.
This pen contains ChooksChicks/BeakHouse breeding stock of:
Blue roo split for silkied and chocolate, Chocolate hen split for silkied and two Blue hens split for silkied.
Split to split breedings will produce 25% silkied, 25% non-silkied and 50% split for silkied. This group may also produce chocolate or mauve males and females.

2) Konza Prairie Rangers Project - The Perfect Homesteaders Flock

Another breeding group from ChooksChicks/BeakHouse projects. This designer breed project consists of carefully selected Partridge Chantecler, Australian Coronation/Light Sussex, Plymouth Rock, Orpington and Cornish lines".

Rapid growth, good layers, excellent foragers, small cushion combs. Big meaty roos grow quickly tho not as quickly as the Cornish X's but without the health issues. The smaller hens eat less and first year pullets typically lay pink with white flecked eggs 5 days out of 7. These are a work in progress and a single comb may pop up yet, but they all ready have a great fan base. Color is not fixed yet but predominantly white with black markings like a Delaware or occasionally with black lacing on the breast. Red is also somewhat common.

Eggs are individually bubble wrapped, double box packed, shipped USPS Priority and marked fragile. It is the buyer’s responsibility to verify that eggs may be shipped from Missouri to your state. It is recommended that you have the package held at your local PO for pickup. Not yet NPIP.

Due to conditions out of our control such as handling by the USPS and varying incubation techniques and equipment malfunctions, successful hatching cannot be guaranteed. By bidding, you accept that we bear no responsibility once the eggs have left our possession.

I've got more silkie and sizzle eggs up for auction. Bidding starts at $10 with shipping at $13. Auction ends in 24 hours and payment is expected immediately at auctions end so I can get them in the mail thursday. I started collecting these eggs on Monday and they are dated and coded.

The auction is for 6+ SQ splash silkie eggs and mixed color flock sizzle eggs. I will send all I get till shipping day. There is a white silkie hen in the sizzle pen so you could get a white silkie chick or two also. My splash silkie roo is from Bobbi Porto lines and he has gotten 1st place in BV in both shows I put him in. He's going to be shown again on the 27th. My sizzles are covered by a white silkie roo that does have just a few black spots on him. So far out of the sizzles I've hatched I haven't had any chicks with black spots. I'm not sure exactly which sizzle girls are laying but I do know that the splash pullet, white silkie hen and blue hen are laying. There is a silver laced grey smooth sizzle hen, black sizzle pullet and a partridge hen. The partridge hen is coming out of being broody so I don't think she is laying.

With the sizzles there is definately possibility of getting any color. Posted after the pics of the adults are pics of the chicks i've hatched. Keep in mind the partridge hen helped brood most of them so she hasn't laid anymore eggs unless she just started back. I haven't caught her on the nest.

Moe is blue. She looks black in this pic because of the lighting.

The white one above is 2 months old

The date on this pic is wrong I took this on 8/5/13 I need to reset the date on my camera

This is a smooth chick from the same mother that also produced the frizzled version in a pic above.

Last edited:
I got four white, a black and a gray/brown partridge from my last emvickery hatch (smooth black and 1 white), and hope to get more black and some blue sizzles. I will start with $10.

I would be person number two. I am not rich. I am a stay at home mom of 3 little boys one of which is only 3 years old. Raising chickens is my only hobby. My husband works overtime every week to provide for us and give me a little extra to continue my hobby. I give away to my family and neighbors 5 dozen eggs a week at least and we eat the chickens I can't sell. I am very blessed to have such a supportive family. The boys help me feed, water, and collect eggs. They love watching the chicks hatch and they love to hold the flashlight and candle eggs. They have seen me hold a wet newly hatched chick and they have seen me cull out a rooster. They know where their food comes from. My husband doesn't want anything to do with dressing out the chickens. He is squimish bless him but he gives me free rein on my decisions. I have made some good ones and some really bad ones but he is always there with me. I just want to be able to keep and feed our flock. We feed about 300 pounds of feed a week. So, if I could sell a few chicks to help out that would be awesome but I think if I had silkied AMs, they:lol: would be all mine and I would have a had time sharing eggs or chicks...lol

That was a wonderful post!!!!!!! Your boys will thank you one day for such precious memories!!!!
On your feed.....have you heard about fermented feed? Those who feed it says they have cut their feed bill almost in half! No waste!

That was a wonderful post!!!!!!! Your boys will thank you one day for such precious memories!!!!
On your feed.....have you heard about fermented feed? Those who feed it says they have cut their feed bill almost in half! No waste!
I've just started feeding mine fermented feed. They eat about 1/4 the food. Since I have just started, I am fermenting the chhick start but I am going to add seeds. I still give dry. They absolutely love the fermented feed.

Back
Top Bottom