The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Phage, Mar 13, 2013.

1. DeannaA

DeannaA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2013
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    I also make wine and vinegar. I have several chicks hatching and more in the laundry room. I have a parrot. I have a very old slightly incontinent dog. The FF smells great compared to all of that but there is noone to complain. :)

2. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    [​IMG]

Doesn't eveyone have a house like yours?!?!?!?

3. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    I has been brought to my attention that OH was not clear. Chemistry cshort hand for alcohol is -OH

Lots of good reasons to like chemisty. Making beer, cleaning wounds, making FF!!!

4. DeannaA

Jul 8, 2013
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    I have read that you can add vinegar to remove the alcohol. I have not gotten that far myself. But I have plenty of vinegar. Buckets and buckets.

5. DeannaA

Jul 8, 2013
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    I think there are more than people realize. I am OCD about a lot of stuff so people think my house is going to be imaculate. But I have learned to confine my OCD only to things I enjoy which puts cleaning the house just above picking up dog poo in the yard. My chickens and pets are well cared for but my house work gets way behind. Someone called it a farmers house. Seed packets, canning jars, chicken food, buckets of dirt, wine and vinegar, material, sewing supplies and now ceramics are scattered around. I am making butter churns to ferment my chicken food. If only I knew where to get fresh milk...

6. rbaker0345

rbaker0345 Big Mamma Brahma

I don't know about fermented feed, but I make my own wild yeast sourdough starter and the OH is usually a supernatant which can just be poured off to get rid of it. Whats wrong with giving your chickens a little buzz? [​IMG] They'll work up a tolerance eventually. Its been a long time since I took organic chemistry, but how could vinegar get rid of alcohol, if that were true, then how would anybody get drunk from a tequilla sunrise or a fuzzy navel?

7. Jillian12

Jillian12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2013
    Visalia, California
    Hello. I have a pair of silkie bantams I'd like to auction off. One splash hen (1 year old) and one blue rooster (7 months old). Auction starts at $40. Shipping will be $55 and includes a New Horizon box. Will ship 8/26 or 8/27. Thank you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. locoguru

locoguru Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
  9. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    I'd rather clean up dog/horse/chicken poo than clean house and it shows. [​IMG]

10. DeannaA

Jul 8, 2013
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vinegar is a by-product of bacteria eating alcohol. So if you put vinegar in alcohol, you will be adding that bacteria. Alcohol is a by-product of a different bacteria eating sugar. The alcohol is bad for the chicken but the vinegar is healthy for them. Good for digestion. If alcohol was good for them, I'd be having a party everynight, drinking with my chickens.[​IMG] If vinegar gets in your alcohol, it all turns to vinegar. I have several buckets of vinegar where wine used to be. [​IMG] But it is excellent vinegar.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by