The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Quote:
I tried FF briefly, hubby complained that the house smelled like stale beer. (I smelled rising bread myself LOL) so until I get a dedicated 'workroom'/shed kinda thing for my bird stuff, i'm going to either have to hold off, replace the hubby or deal with his grumbling... and i'm kinda attached to him so the ff will have to wait.

Talk to me a little about fermented feed please! I feed layer pellets can they be fermented? How?
A friend makes a lot of fermented human foods so she started it for me. She said buttermilk fermented at a lower temp (and sauerkraut). She added water to the pellet food in a glass container with buttermilk, a few Tablespoons. Make sure the food is always covered with water. Stir whenever you think about it. You can smell it when it starts to ferment, not stinky just different. After about 3 or 4 days you can start adding little bits to their regular food. What ever you remove, you add dry back into the mixture and water. Don't fill the container, it expands a LOT. I had a mess the first time I added more and I had left a lot of room. I use tap water but I let it sit out overnight first so the chlorine evaporates. I don't want to clutter the auction feed. PM me if you want to chat. I am also very interested and I am just beginning but I have read a bit about it. I am going to start adding seeds, I also plan to start sprouting seeds and growing meal worms or black solder flies. If anyone else is doing any of these, please PM me. I have read a lot but would love to chat with someone actually doing it.

Quote:
gig.gif

That was a wonderful post!!!!!!! Your boys will thank you one day for such precious memories!!!!
On your feed.....have you heard about fermented feed? Those who feed it says they have cut their feed bill almost in half! No waste!
Thank You. I hope you are right. They seem very grounded to me. I might be a little biased. Lol. Yes I have read a little about fermented feed but I am afraid I really am not entirely sure about how to do it. It is something I am very interested in though.

I keep fermented feed for my meat chickens, and the layers jump in and the turkey poults. . . . they like it far better than staright pellets.

Yes, it smells like beer!! Or bread left to rise too long.
yesss.gif
I'm happy to have it fermenting well, as I could not get the hang of it over the winter. I keep my bucket outside for the summer.

I do wonder if it needs more stirring to decrease the OH factor. IDK.

Thank You. I hope you are right. They seem very grounded to me. I might be a little biased. Lol. Yes I have read a little about fermented feed but I am afraid I really am not entirely sure about how to do it. It is something I am very interested in though.

Just go on here and type in fermented feed in the search box. I am sure you will get TONS of posts to read. Plus KYTinpusher posted a couple links. There are so many options of what to add, each have a "recipe" that they really like. All i know is it really saves money!!! And from what
i have read, much better for the birds!!!

Back
Top Bottom