The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Interesting, a week old and barely a hint of feather. How old are they when they fledge?

By 3 weeks old they'll be starting to come out of their nestbox. They grow incredibly fast. I had to hand rear two chicks from two weeks old at the beginning of the year because their parents abandoned them when the other batch of chicks from the other pair fledged. The parents of the younger chicks decided it was easier just helping take care of the older ones. They were the first chicks I raised and, despite being cold and starving when we found them, they survived. I've raised quite a few birds since then!

That's my dream cat right there. :love I absolutely love Maine Coon cats.
Interestingly, she was my cheapest adoptee. Most of the cats I have/have had have been adopted from the cat orphanage. You have to pay for them, it covers their innoculations, sterilisation and keeps the orphanage running. I adopted Tyra privately and got her for free. They cost a lot to buy from a breeder.

Interestingly, she was my cheapest adoptee. Most of the cats I have/have had have been adopted from the cat orphanage. You have to pay for them, it covers their innoculations, sterilisation and keeps the orphanage running. I adopted Tyra privately and got her for free. They cost a lot to buy from a breeder.
That's wonderful that you rescued her. All my current cats are orphaned in the wild and I bottle feed them.
20150708_155238.jpg

20150708_155156.jpg

Ember, Amber and Indigo when I first found them and warmed them up.

Resized_20170226_204053.jpg

20170315_083607.jpg

20170305_082536.jpg

Them today. The black one (Indigo) my brother adopted from me.
(Sorry for the phone bomb. )

Back
Top Bottom