The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

ROFL .. nope, I think you have it covered .. it is a good representation of how I am feeling right now!

Just gotta jump the trial hurdle but I am confident I can do it :fl
You'll nail it. You're awesome like that. :cool: Your future is so bright, I have to ware shades.

*I may have, kinda of sorta borrowed that last part from an 80's song* ;)

Morning all :frow
Great news blooie
Awesome news teila
Stupid question but is a water bath canner a thing you buy or can you use a pot of boiling water?

And how do you make strawberry jelly, blueberry, etc.?
Any pot will do, but you need a rack in the bottom to keep jars slightly elevated and at least an inch of water over the Top. Pots designed as waterbath canners are specifically sized to hold X number of jars and come with rack/jar cradle.

Here are two recipes to look at.
https://www.freshpreserving.com/strawberry-jam-|-making-strawberry-jam-|-ball-fresh-preserving-br1265.html
http://www.pickyourown.org/strawberryjam.htm

ETA: You'll also need at minimum, a jar lifter/tongs and probably a lid lifter. A headspace gauge is good for beginners as well. Here's a complete kit at Walmart to give you an idea.

Ooh, I have some news and I can not help but be a little excited! :celebrate

I have progressed to Stage 4 in my application to do contract medical typing; I quote "We have carefully considered your interests and skill against our existing business requirements and would like to progress your application further.

The next stage in the recruitment process for contract typists is to see how you perform on some real world typing examples .... "

So, some time in next 5 days I will get my trial and if I nail that, I'm in!
:fl

@Blooie good news! :hugs

@Teila more good news! :hugs

@KDOGG331 all I got for you is, "When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things." And that's all I have to say about that.

I pulled into work yesterday cautiously excited to see a grocery delivery truck there. Excitement quickly turned to disappointment and disbelief when I found out they AGAIN delivered the same things they already had (we sent it all back). How does a company stay in business when it's so obvious morons run it? So, still limping along with a limited menu, which is shown by limited customers.

Looks like it's going to be a pretty day here today, clear skies and temp up to about 70*.

Cheer up, Debby...maybe you can run a Thanksgiving Day special to celebrate the new and expanded menu! They may get it right by then! Sheesh, how inept! Shows what happens when nobody's paying attention and the supplier is just looking for the paycheck but doesn't want to do any work. I'll bet that when the other delivery was returned, the truck was never even unloaded....just headed back your way because no one took the time to investigate and correct. Frustrating!

Cheer up, Debby...maybe you can run a Thanksgiving Day special to celebrate the new and expanded menu! They may get it right by then! Sheesh, how inept! Shows what happens when nobody's paying attention and the supplier is just looking for the paycheck but doesn't want to do any work. I'll bet that when the other delivery was returned, the truck was never even unloaded....just headed back your way because no one took the time to investigate and correct. Frustrating!

No T-Day specials here, we have to close everything by Oct. 15th due to the water permit restrictions.

It's ok, I'm resigned to it being this way (ok, mostly resigned). Only 77 more days left to be open for the restaurant anyway. If it were up to me, I'd close it now. It's not worth the time, effort and money being spent on operating it. Not my call.

@Blooie good news! :hugs

@Teila more good news! :hugs

@KDOGG331 all I got for you is, "When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things." And that's all I have to say about that.

I pulled into work yesterday cautiously excited to see a grocery delivery truck there. Excitement quickly turned to disappointment and disbelief when I found out they AGAIN delivered the same things they already had (we sent it all back). How does a company stay in business when it's so obvious morons run it? So, still limping along with a limited menu, which is shown by limited customers.

Looks like it's going to be a pretty day here today, clear skies and temp up to about 70*.
Not again! I would call and speak to the manager of the company.

Back
Top Bottom