The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    We had 15 degrees also and 7 inches of snow ( widow maker heavy, wet snow) so much for El Nino

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    We have only 49 degrees low this am, but expecting low 30's next days. 7 inches of snow[​IMG], Glad I'm in the south. LOL.

3. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    no snow here...what we had melted....they were calling for 11" of lake effect snow last night but it hit about 10 miles east of here.
    But cold that's for sure....my poor ducks....I got to go take them a big pan of warm water soon.

4. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Today was my little sister's birthday. We lost her very unexpectedly 14 years ago but this is still a tough day. Sometimes I think it gets harder, not easier, with time. Don't want to burden anyone with my sadness, but I just wanted to mention her today. Happy Birthday Becky!
    [​IMG]

5. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    Sorry.....lots of hugs......Phil

6. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    So sorry about Becky, I know what you mean, lost both my brothers when they each were only 56 yo.[​IMG]

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming

Thank you both very much. @sunflour I'm sorry about your brothers, losing a sib is like losing part of your identity and childhood. [​IMG]

8. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Oh, Debby! It never gets easier, does it? It just gets, well, softer. I can't explain it any better than that. I'm glad you mentioned her - she was part of you.

I have a theory. DON'T you all roll your eyes and say, "Here she goes again!" It's a good theory. I think even with the best parents in the world, we still learn most of what we know from siblings. We learn how the world works in that miniature society. We learn how to comfort. We share, at first because we have to, and then later because we want to. We fight and we learn that not agreeing doesn't mean not loving. We learn to forgive and accept forgiveness. We learn to encourage, and yes, sometimes we learn to butt in when we need to. We learn a lot about civility with 5 kids, two bedrooms and one bathroom. And we can make mistakes and grow without judgement. I think of all the gifts that God has given me through my 65 years on this planet, among the very best are Linda, Lori, Ron and Bev.

1 person likes this.
  9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    That's a good theory Blooie, I think you're right. Thank you.

10. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Enough sad stuff, my sister loved to laugh so here are some b-day cake fails!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time to go check on some chickens, catch you guys later!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by