The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I love dumb cake decorators, make life interesting, and Happy Birthday to your sister, so sorry you lost her.

2. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Quote:Ken is a Reid, a sept of the clan Robertson. I'll see if I can find a hunk in a kilt when we go to the annual Robbie Burn's Birthday Bash in Cody in February. Look forward to that event every year. Most of the guys there in kilts, sadly, seem to be older gentleman. Oh, wait.....there's the leader of the Billings Pipe and Drum Corps.....maybe I can sneak a photo of him and put it here. He's GORGEOUS! So many people come to this thing all dressed in their clan colors - some of the ladies are in simple black blazers, white blouses, long black skirts, and their clan sash across the front. Looks lovely - so simple and elegant. I don't have my sash yet - for 4 years I've been bugging Ken to get one for me, but for 4 years other stuff takes priority, like food and the electric bill. Those things ain't cheap if you get a good one with the brooch to go with it and order if from a reputable place in Scotland. But other ladies are there in full regalia and it's a beautiful sight - all of those earasaids and shawls and plaids swirling around the room. We joined the Scottish Society about 7 years ago. And yes, I've eaten haggis, more properly should be spelled with a "g" - gaggis.

You know, Ken is a knight. He is really Sir Kenneth, duly patented and the whole bit. The knighthood he is part of is from patents originally handed down by Robert the Bruce. I started this post way back when we were talking about good things Scottish and have spent the last 45 minutes looking for Ken's newspaper article about the order and his knighthood. I found it! Yayy! So you can just call me "Lady Diane"...or Blooie for short! [​IMG]
    Edited on accounts I forgot to add the stupid clipping after all that work to find it!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    NFC. Sorry you are having a sad day. [​IMG]

4. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

[​IMG]I'm sorry about your sister.
    LOL, those are awesome!

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Thank you everyone, it felt good to share a bit about her. She was special in a lot of ways to a lot of people.

Lady Di, I'm very impressed. What an honor for Ken. And you too, he wouldn't be the person he is today without you. I'd love to see that Birthday Bash in Cody some day, I didn't know they had one!

6. Frindizzle

[​IMG]
    Anyone else have chickens "enjoying" the cold?

7. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    We have only seen cool in the high 30's, low 40's at night here, but my gals have been snuggling closer on the roost at night.[​IMG]

8. Frindizzle

9. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    @NorthFLChick and @Blooie

I married a "Mc" - and have one of the clan's ties. Used to work for a fellow who required everyone to dress up in ties on Fridays - he was a bag piper in a kilted band. And he got me the tie as a joke, so I used to wear it with an oxford shirt and a skirt on Fridays [​IMG]

10. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    We're supposed to get to 30 tonight, may have to take them a quilt - with all the feathers they are dropping in molt - should have saved them and made them a feather comforter [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by