The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Nicky you just need to eat ice cream - except for the kinds with nuts or other hard surprises. Ice cream likes teeth and doesn't want to hurt them. Or you can let it melt and have it with a straw.

My son had 4 wisdom teeth extracted at once - during spring break at school many years ago. What worked for him was a new video game! Cost me for a new game when his tonsils came out too. But he was so "into" the games never complained about any pain. Was worth the $$.

We got a nice surprise while checking on nests today - two new little finch chicks. They are so much easier to see in a flip top nestbox!!! Aren't they ugly?! But still sweet. They are looking upwards, despite the fact that their eyes won't open for quite some time yet, and their chins are to the left, the tops of their heads to the right. The white spots either side of their mouths help the parents feed them in the right place (especially in a dark nest). The other eggs will probably hatch over the next few days.

So cool! I've never seen finch chicks before, they're so funny looking they're cute! Those have to be some tiny eggs.

Thanks for sharing J!

Thank you.
hugs.gif
Yes, I still have the two bottom ones. The dentist wanted to pull the other two as well, but since I'm paying out of pocket (I don't have dental insurance) l'll have to do it at another time. I'm grateful for all the well wishes. They mean so much to me. Thank you everyone. I am much improved from this morning. The swelling has gone down and the dreadful headache has finally subsided.

I can't imagine the suffering you endured with all four of them pulled at once.
th.gif

Nicky, glad to hear you're feeling better.
ya.gif

Nicky you just need to eat ice cream - except for the kinds with nuts or other hard surprises. Ice cream likes teeth and doesn't want to hurt them. Or you can let it melt and have it with a straw.

My son had 4 wisdom teeth extracted at once - during spring break at school many years ago. What worked for him was a new video game! Cost me for a new game when his tonsils came out too. But he was so "into" the games never complained about any pain. Was worth the $$.

Video games...now that's a medicine I haven't heard of, lol. Did you need a prescription for them?
lol.png

(Glad they helped, no one wants to see their kid in pain.)

We got a nice surprise while checking on nests today - two new little finch chicks. They are so much easier to see in a flip top nestbox!!! Aren't they ugly?! But still sweet. They are looking upwards, despite the fact that their eyes won't open for quite some time yet, and their chins are to the left, the tops of their heads to the right. The white spots either side of their mouths help the parents feed them in the right place (especially in a dark nest). The other eggs will probably hatch over the next few days.

Very interesting. What kind of finch are they?

Back
Top Bottom