The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Goood morning folks
frow.gif
TGIF!

Yikes whoop whoop you car was stolen? Sorry, I did miss that.

I hope I can explain my feelings correctly. I kind of understand why some people steal things; some are having a hard time and think it is their only way out or possibly have an addiction they need to feed etc.

While theft from banks, fraud etc is still so wrong, these places are insured and in my opinion, receive additional support to find the culprit because of their size and/or the amount of $$$’s or goods stolen.

It sucks when an individual’s car or goods are stolen. Sometimes that person is not insured and in the majority of cases, they worked hard to get what they have and get very little support to find the culprit. It was just a television, just a car etc.

That car has equal if not greater worth to its owner than the $$$$’s taken from banks etc but in the scheme of things, is not regarded as important.

We have had a car stolen; come home to a burgled house and on one occasion, woke up to find an intruder in our lounge room and on all those occasions, the steps taken were just a formality.

Aaaw Dawn I am so very sorry to hear of your loss
sad.png
hugs.gif

Blooie thank you for sharing your Navy Housing experience; it does make me feel less daunted by our move. Being a rental, I will also have to ensure that the house is left in perfect condition and even though we have been good tenants, I am not expecting to get any bond back, they always find something! Anyways, I have decided that I am not going to clean myself and will organise for a Bond Clean. I will also ask them who their preferred Bond Cleaner is in the hopes that if I use their preferred, less chance of them complaining. Dealing with the Real Estate is probably my biggest concern but I will just do what I can and hope for the best.

I am thinking that G-Kids are not anywhere in my near future, if ever. My 30 year old son is quite happy with his bachelor life
wink.png

Goood morning folks
frow.gif
TGIF!

Yikes whoop whoop you car was stolen? Sorry, I did miss that.

I hope I can explain my feelings correctly. I kind of understand why some people steal things; some are having a hard time and think it is their only way out or possibly have an addiction they need to feed etc.

While theft from banks, fraud etc is still so wrong, these places are insured and in my opinion, receive additional support to find the culprit because of their size and/or the amount of $$$’s or goods stolen.

It sucks when an individual’s car or goods are stolen. Sometimes that person is not insured and in the majority of cases, they worked hard to get what they have and get very little support to find the culprit. It was just a television, just a car etc.

That car has equal if not greater worth to its owner than the $$$$’s taken from banks etc but in the scheme of things, is not regarded as important.

We have had a car stolen; come home to a burgled house and on one occasion, woke up to find an intruder in our lounge room and on all those occasions, the steps taken were just a formality.

I agree with you, we had a similar experience several years ago. Someone broke into our house while we were at work and stole whatever they could carry. A neighbor actually SAW the person leaving our house with our things. The police wouldn't even go talk to the neighbor...said if the neighbor wanted to hire an attorney and go to the police station to make a statement, then they would talk to the neighbor.
rant.gif

Still kind of steams me to think of that. Needless to say, nothing was ever recovered.

The only funny part about that whole incident? I was extremely pregnant at the time and when my (now ex) husband saw the door kicked in, he called me at work to see if I had dropped by the house without my key. Really? At that point I couldn't lift my foot high enough to tie my shoes and you thought I could kick in a heavy wooden door?
roll.png

All that got me distracted (well that plus the cat that just knocked my modem off the desk)...@Teila perfect plan to get someone to clean the house! Hope you get your bond back, or at least, some of it.

Your feeding schedule is definitely one to keep written down! You've done a great job with all the babies, they're looking good. Do the finches and the Bourkes eat the same thing? That little Rosie picture with her eyes shut is something else
love.gif

I hope your Java finch mama can look after her new ones when they first hatch, give you a bit of a break.

Thankfully both sets of babies eat the same hand raising formula. I just mix the powder up with water and make sure it's warm enough and we're good to go.

Yes, hopefully there will be a male Java who will stump up and help out. I have 2 males and 3 females (they are very difficult to sex) so hopefully he isn't shacking up with another female (not that there are any other serious nests being made - I found one lonely egg in a box but it hasn't been added to).

We have Japanese Quail and they are lovely little things. If you can find someone who breeds for friendliness it helps. Ours are very friendly but the last time we hatched babies we ended up with 9 out of 11 being boys. I can't bring myself to eat them (I don't think our DD would forgive us) so they were donated to the pet shop. But they are very easy for the kids to pick up and handle, and handling them lots as chicks helps, making the friendly ones your best friends.

We've had a digger droning away on a neighbouring property all morning, then this afternoon the council has decided to schedule our road being re-sealed (not that we knew about it). So we have big trucks and rollers going back and forth, making the whole house shake. We are all a bit sick of the noise - my DD especially who has auditory processing disorder, so doesn't cope with noise very well. What fun!

The finches are starting to perch and Valentine hopped out of the nest - I found him/her having a look round the cage. I've set up a cage just for them (they were sharing with the Bourkes) as they are well feathered enough to not need a heat lamp, and I've been slowly moving their nest further from the lamp to acclimatise them to room temperature. Now that they are doing a bit of fluttering the cats are starting to pay a bit more attention. My DD is keen to have them living in her room.

A lady my husband works with had to be late to work yesterday. She put on a load of washing, but her poor kitty had got in the washing machine, thinking it was a nice place to sleep. She didn't realise until she stopped it as it sounded out of balance and found her poor cat in there. She rushed the poor puss to the vet but thankfully it sounds like he'll be fine. No wonder they say cats have 9 lives.

Good morning!

Well, we're in the deep of it now...it's been snowing since Wednesday night. Blooie warned me we would get the worst of winter the end of February-March...@Blooie the weather lady called it right! I wouldn't mind too much but we have to drive to town today for DH's doctor appointment. That's going to be a long 12 miles!

J, your little finches are growing up! That story about the cat in the washing machine was crazy, lol. Glad he's ok, but it did make me look up and find these:

Back
Top Bottom