The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Potato chip, your Tyra is beautiful. Our neighbour has a Maine Coon. She's so big and beautiful. I know what you mean about the huge paws. They are gorgeous cats.

I have three broody hens already (I'm in the southern hemisphere for all you new comers - nice to have your company by the way). The weather is still pretty awful here, windy and raining and not that warm so I'm not sure why they think it's time to be broody.

Nice to hear you'll be hanging up your apron strings soon Debby. You've worked very hard this season (as I'm sure you do every season).

I might have some Button quail hatching tomorrow or over the weekend. But there's a younger Button egg that's almost a week along and its got me confused. It looked like it was forming a blood ring a few days ago and there was no sign of a developing baby but I kept it in just in case I was wrong. Well, now there's a little wriggling foetus in there but there's still just that one red line running around the egg. I can't see any veins around the baby and the baby itself looks quite dark, but it's lively. So I'm officially confused and interested to see what happens.

Potato chip, your Tyra is beautiful.

The weather is still pretty awful here, windy and raining and not that warm so I'm not sure why they think it's time to be broody.
My silkies have their babies now, I put the eggs underneath on 10 August, and they'd been clucky for ages before I gave in and got them the eggs. Right smack dab in the middle of winter (or what passes for winter over here)

So I'm officially confused and interested to see what happens.
I hope he'll be ok. :fl I'd love to have some baby quail, but I don't have enough room (yet)

Potato chip, your Tyra is beautiful. Our neighbour has a Maine Coon. She's so big and beautiful. I know what you mean about the huge paws. They are gorgeous cats.

I have three broody hens already (I'm in the southern hemisphere for all you new comers - nice to have your company by the way). The weather is still pretty awful here, windy and raining and not that warm so I'm not sure why they think it's time to be broody.

Nice to hear you'll be hanging up your apron strings soon Debby. You've worked very hard this season (as I'm sure you do every season).

I might have some Button quail hatching tomorrow or over the weekend. But there's a younger Button egg that's almost a week along and its got me confused. It looked like it was forming a blood ring a few days ago and there was no sign of a developing baby but I kept it in just in case I was wrong. Well, now there's a little wriggling foetus in there but there's still just that one red line running around the egg. I can't see any veins around the baby and the baby itself looks quite dark, but it's lively. So I'm officially confused and interested to see what happens.

Best hatching vibes coming your way J! Strange about the confusing one, it will be interesting to hear how that comes out.

As for "officially confused"...isn't that my permanent state of mind, lol!

I forgot to report that there is one little Society finch chick that hatched in the aviary just over a week ago. It's as fat as a pudding as there are at least four finches doting on it. I have no idea who the parents are and it is so cute.

Finch Chick.jpg

I forgot to report that there is one little Society finch chick that hatched in the aviary just over a week ago. It's as fat as a pudding as there are at least four finches doting on it. I have no idea who the parents are and it is so cute.

View attachment 1136393

There's something about naked little bug-eyed baby birds :love

Back
Top Bottom