The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

What happened was the emergency visits for the kidney stones. That got it kicked to a urologist that agreed about the stones likely being caused by the tumor. We had to go to an Endocrine Surgeon to get the diagnosis and finally a contrast scan to find the tumor. We then went to UCSF for the surgery because they are one of the top three in the US that does the surgery.
My understanding was her stones were caused by dehydration. Your poor wife!

I am going to get checked for this. I have a lot of these symptoms. Thanks!
If you have a blood test result that shows you calcium level you can tell fairly easily in most cases. Humans live in the 9 range for calcium and it is like incubation temperatures should be, regulated very tightly, +,- .2. You should see something like 9.2 this time and other times 9.4 or 9.6. If you see a number over 10.2 then you likely have a tumor. 11 is very bad and 12 will kill you quickly.

Vitamin D makes this worse too

Good morning everyone

Heading to a poultry show today. Planning on making contacts for eggs in a couple of weeks. I'm having a really hard time finding the breeds that I want (chantecler & buckeye). The Canadian heritage association is going to be there, so hopefully they can help steer me in the right direction.
I'm hoping to utilize broodies, but as they're bantams I won't be able to set too many buckeye eggs under them. Has anyone tried to set large eggs under bantams? How many works well? I've got 5. Just waiting for them to go broody.
What incubators have worked well for you guys? I'm a total newbie at this.

Anyhow... does everyone have a long weekend? Plans for the weekend?
Have a great time!

20160529_152829.jpg

Happy Saturday everyone! :lol:

If you have a blood test result that shows you calcium level you can tell fairly easily in most cases. Humans live in the 9 range for calcium and it is like incubation temperatures should be, regulated very tightly, +,- .2. You should see something like 9.2 this time and other times 9.4 or 9.6. If you see a number over 10.2 then you likely have a tumor. 11 is very bad and 12 will kill you quickly.

Vitamin D makes this worse too
Ron so sorry to hear about your wife, prayers for her recovery, stay strong

Back
Top Bottom