The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Kdogs relax, why so many questions? Just enjoy her for what she is. My sister and niece both had DNA done of their shelter dogs. Results were insane. They complained and company did it again - producing totally different results - just as weird. Rediculous

If the vet says she is fine etc. forget about the rest, if she is part this or that, it doesn't mean any of that will be reflected in her attitude or size , etc.

Kdogs relax, why so many questions? Just enjoy her for what she is. My sister and niece both had DNA done of their shelter dogs. Results were insane. They complained and company did it again - producing totally different results - just as weird. Rediculous

If the vet says she is fine etc. forget about the rest, if she is part this or that, it doesn't mean any of that will be reflected in her attitude or size , etc.

:goodpost:

morning! Just popping in. the young orange man we adopted from a shelter right after Thanksgiving is managing well at training us tho he does have his quirks to. One is when we first got him he would tolerate (using that word loosely) being picked up but if you started to move he would totally freak out like I've never seen any kitty I've ever had do! My vet agrees that he must have been abused as in thrown more than once or possibly off? Wish I knew. Anyway, he is now comfortable with being picked up, still working on the carrying thing. He is such a lover. When I brought him home I gave him his own room until he got comfortable but instead he came bounding out, jumped up and curled into my arm and basically stayed there as much as he could happily purring and sleeping. How could anyone mistreat such a trusting animal?

morning! Just popping in. the young orange man we adopted from a shelter right after Thanksgiving is managing well at training us tho he does have his quirks to. One is when we first got him he would tolerate (using that word loosely) being picked up but if you started to move he would totally freak out like I've never seen any kitty I've ever had do! My vet agrees that he must have been abused as in thrown more than once or possibly off? Wish I knew. Anyway, he is now comfortable with being picked up, still working on the carrying thing. He is such a lover. When I brought him home I gave him his own room until he got comfortable but instead he came bounding out, jumped up and curled into my arm and basically stayed there as much as he could happily purring and sleeping. How could anyone mistreat such a trusting animal?

Animal cruelty is beyond my understanding. I'm glad your orange boy found a loving home. Have you named him?

I have a Castor update from my sister’s FB page and it is good news! :clap

This time last week, we did not think we would ever be able to take a photo like this of Castor again. My boy has been very sick, so sick he could not stand up. Thanks to the wonderful staff at xxxxx xxxxx veterinary hospital, he is slowly getting better. We were so very scared we were going to lose our very precious boy. Not totally out of the woods yet, but looking very hopeful.

It is awesome that he is up and about and outside. He looks happy too!

View attachment 1269370
He looks much better!

Animal cruelty is beyond my understanding. I'm glad your orange boy found a loving home. Have you named him?
He came with the name Sunny but it didn't seem to quite fit him so I changed it to Sammy after the OT Samson. He's the smallest adult cat I've ever owned but that doesn't stop him from flipping the lid off my egg basket. Did I mention? His favorite thing in the world to do now is to throw every egg he can off any counter! He knocked one off my skelter by accident once and that did it. He doesn't even try to eat them (which is odd since he was so starved when we got him that he actually stole an entire loaf of bread off the counter, drug it completely thru the house and into his room where it tore it open lengthwise and ate the tops off every slice! :lau ) anyway, like I said, he doesn't eat the eggs, he just likes to watch them splat! :thDefinitely reminds of a boy going thru the "terrible twos". (since he's around 20 months now, that's about right) One minute sweet, the next,..... he makes me smile all day. Oh, and him and my older Bichon/Shitzu have figured out how to play tag full tilt thru the house :oops:

He came with the name Sunny but it didn't seem to quite fit him so I changed it to Sammy after the OT Samson. He's the smallest adult cat I've ever owned but that doesn't stop him from flipping the lid off my egg basket. Did I mention? His favorite thing in the world to do now is to throw every egg he can off any counter! He knocked one off my skelter by accident once and that did it. He doesn't even try to eat them (which is odd since he was so starved when we got him that he actually stole an entire loaf of bread off the counter, drug it completely thru the house and into his room where it tore it open lengthwise and ate the tops off every slice! :lau ) anyway, like I said, he doesn't eat the eggs, he just likes to watch them splat! :thDefinitely reminds of a boy going thru the "terrible twos". (since he's around 20 months now, that's about right) One minute sweet, the next,..... he makes me smile all day. Oh, and him and my older Bichon/Shitzu have figured out how to play tag full tilt thru the house :oops:

Sounds like Sammy had a rough start like my Opie (he was dumped). He was so starved when he showed up at our house, we had to ration his food, otherwise he'd eat until he was sick.

It took the other 2 cats at home time to get used to the interloper but now Opie has them convinced he's the boss :lol:

Sometimes DH and I look at him and wonder how anyone could dump a wonderful cat like him. Opie is full personality and brings a lot of joy to us (maybe not so much to the other 2 cats, lol).

100_1100.JPG

Angel and Sammy getting to know each other

Attachments

• 900x900px-LL-302cdf8c_1174438248877.jpeg
    900x900px-LL-302cdf8c_1174438248877.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 0
Sounds like Sammy had a rough start like my Opie (he was dumped). He was so starved when he showed up at our house, we had to ration his food, otherwise he'd eat until he was sick.
).

Sammy would do the same. He was "bottom tom" at the shelter and had the old scars and scratches to prove it. He too would swallow his kibble whole and later throw it up so I had to split his feedings into three meals, morning and mid day kibble and then a quarter can of of wet in the evening. It took a while but he gets two feedings now, dry in the morning, wet in the evening and the last week he is actually leaving a few bites for later (I measure his amounts closely so he doesn't gain weight too quickly but he's still already put on a full pound at his latest vet visit which is quite a bit for a kitty that was so thin when we got him he looked almost two dimensional).

Back
Top Bottom