The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Sorry about the fall NFC! Take care of yourself.

Yes, she put herself in there. She’s so funny sometimes. She loves the gator...she was waiting for hubby to get done with what he was doing so she could have a ride.
I can understand the gator a bit more than the wagon. I ASSUME she's had more rides in the gator. She knows how to tell you what she wants!

Home. Tired! Drove 650 miles today. Went to Newcastle for a Masonic Cornerstone ceremony, then turned around and drove straight back. Love you guys but I’m crashing !
:th
I thought my 440 mile round trips were plenty long!!

Feel almost human this morning, thanks. We were gonna spend the night in Sundance and drive home today, but another winter storm is barreling down on us and the mountains were already icy with snow coming down when we crossed them yesterday morning. Parts of I-80 and I-25 were shut down yesterday due to high winds, but that was far south of where we were. We only got the 40mph stuff. We knew the mountains would just get worse overnight, and I have Kendra this afternoon, so we had to get back. We have trips to Sheridan, Casper, Douglas, and Chugwater coming up this month yet, too. Sheridan isn’t bad - two and a half hours up and over Big Horns - I think overnights are in the works for the other trips.

Debby, Debby.....you know you ain’t gonna get Workman’s Comp so would you please quit getting hurt? WC saved my hiney once, though. A cat I was working on suddenly took great exception to a flea dip and went from relaxed in my arms to berserk in seconds. Cat-Scratch Fever is real, folks - and expensive!

Love the idea of unplugging and rebooting Australia! Made me giggle!

Okay, gonna catch up the rest of the way...

Morning everyone:frow

Day 2 on the job and I fell...scraped up my face and tweaked my knee. I'm getting too old for this work stuff!

Are you sure you aren't related to me? 'Cause I swear, you sound more like family all the time!

BB2K's Theater class presented their plays a couple of nights ago. Knowing that I wouldn't see her until after the performance, I sent her a text message - "fracture a femur . . or, y'know, whatever" (playing around with the ol' 'break a leg' theater standard). She texted back, "No femurs will be fractured, I hurt myself enough as it is. But I will try my best!" When I collected her at the end of the performance (which went well), I noticed she was limping a bit. Seems that, between the end of the school day and curtain time, she and some of her friends had been horsing around in the park near the school, and she'd had an encounter of the painful sort with a downed tree. Scraped and bruised her left knee, and gotten a couple of bruises on her right hip. I was like, "y'know, Kiddo, 'break a leg' is just a saying; you're not really meant to do it!":barnie

I'm rather proud of myself. DS told me he'd seen a rat down the back "and it wasn't in the trap"! I told him to stay away from it. Later I saw it so I grabbed a bit of wood and whacked it on the head. It was dozy from eating the poison which was good because I have terrible aim! It's body was as big as my foot!

I think I've talked DH into getting a whippet to be my ratter/rabbiter as we'll need one in the country (our poor country is overrun with both, plus we have stoats and other than hawks there's nothing to eat them). I'm not sure I could cope with a terrier but a sight hound knows how to blob out when it's not work time. We couldn't afford to register two dogs in Auckland. It's a third of the price for dog registration where we are looking at going!

How are the keets hatching Cap? Have you got buyers lined up for them?

Michelle, you are putting us to shame. We need to get stuck in and get this place painted. I've been sanding all the doorframes in preparation for painting as they are all new and needed filling.
I would be cautious of a terrier too. they have a very strong prey drive and are known poultry eaters

One keet hatched, one pipping. Yes, two people wanting some. Plus i would like to keep some pied.
How old do quail need to be before no light is needed? They are under 60W right now. I forget, its been years!
Nice!

Waiting for pictures

Are you sure you aren't related to me? 'Cause I swear, you sound more like family all the time!

BB2K's Theater class presented their plays a couple of nights ago. Knowing that I wouldn't see her until after the performance, I sent her a text message - "fracture a femur . . or, y'know, whatever" (playing around with the ol' 'break a leg' theater standard). She texted back, "No femurs will be fractured, I hurt myself enough as it is. But I will try my best!" When I collected her at the end of the performance (which went well), I noticed she was limping a bit. Seems that, between the end of the school day and curtain time, she and some of her friends had been horsing around in the park near the school, and she'd had an encounter of the painful sort with a downed tree. Scraped and bruised her left knee, and gotten a couple of bruises on her right hip. I was like, "y'know, Kiddo, 'break a leg' is just a saying; you're not really meant to do it!":barnie
Yep! We all could be related!

I hope I do not hurt myself today!

Back
Top Bottom