The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Don't work too hard @N F C !

Oh boy, what a week it has been here! (Nice to see some new chatters on here too - not that I'm in any way caught up).

We decided to bite the bullet and book in for photos to get this place sold. Except we had a big rain storm on Wednesday which required a whole lot of cleaning up on top of all the last minute jobs and cleaning (and tidying) we needed to do!

This was the water flowing through our backyard:
View attachment 1522910

And the low side of our property:
View attachment 1522909

The stormwater culvert did not cope with the amount of rain that came through it and the manhole cover down where the stormwater pipe feeds into the culvert popped off (thankfully the cover didn't get swept away). Look at all that debris along the fence I had to rake up once the water had drained!

The photos of the house should be ready to approve around Tuesday so I'm excited to see them. But my back is now protesting all the raking, heavy lifting of furniture, vacuuming, mopping and scrubbing I've done in the last week (plus the stress which never helps) so I'm hobbling about moaning at every step. Which is awesome on our 13th wedding anniversary (don't worry - last year we completely forgot until my Mum wished us a happy anniversary)!

And I never updated you guys about our little Winter. She is still so amazingly friendly and sweet but her parents do chase her away from the food. If the house wasn't going on the market I'd bring her inside as she's such a pet, but I just go down a couple of times a day and stand guard while she eats her fill. They have ended up in the big chicken run (which is where Winter was born) as the male dove was being too aggressive towards my finches in the aviary so there are lots of places little Winter can get away from her parents.

View attachment 1522953

So that's all my news from down under - I'll just go and catch up on some of yours.
Nice to see you back!

I know, her material is good. But more is always better in my book! And Sean has such beautiful, out of the ordinary birds...I'd love to learn more about them.
Yes! Sean could work on a part two of the article...like a cntinuation

Not to hog the thread...but, guess who's going back to work?

Me! At least a few hours a week. The pro shop only has 2 employees and those gals were each having to work a couple of 12 hour days to cover it while the course is open. So I sort of, kind, of volunteered to cover for them a few days. That way no one has to be there more than 8 hours (I'll only have to work about 12-16 hours a week).

I'm going back in at 3pm today :lol:
At least you won’t get bored now:lol:
Don't work too hard @N F C !

Oh boy, what a week it has been here! (Nice to see some new chatters on here too - not that I'm in any way caught up).

We decided to bite the bullet and book in for photos to get this place sold. Except we had a big rain storm on Wednesday which required a whole lot of cleaning up on top of all the last minute jobs and cleaning (and tidying) we needed to do!

This was the water flowing through our backyard:
View attachment 1522910

And the low side of our property:
View attachment 1522909

The stormwater culvert did not cope with the amount of rain that came through it and the manhole cover down where the stormwater pipe feeds into the culvert popped off (thankfully the cover didn't get swept away). Look at all that debris along the fence I had to rake up once the water had drained!

The photos of the house should be ready to approve around Tuesday so I'm excited to see them. But my back is now protesting all the raking, heavy lifting of furniture, vacuuming, mopping and scrubbing I've done in the last week (plus the stress which never helps) so I'm hobbling about moaning at every step. Which is awesome on our 13th wedding anniversary (don't worry - last year we completely forgot until my Mum wished us a happy anniversary)!

And I never updated you guys about our little Winter. She is still so amazingly friendly and sweet but her parents do chase her away from the food. If the house wasn't going on the market I'd bring her inside as she's such a pet, but I just go down a couple of times a day and stand guard while she eats her fill. They have ended up in the big chicken run (which is where Winter was born) as the male dove was being too aggressive towards my finches in the aviary so there are lots of places little Winter can get away from her parents.

View attachment 1522953

So that's all my news from down under - I'll just go and catch up on some of yours.
Pretty bird!

JAE!!!!! :eek::frow:love

What's with houses over the past weeks? Tam's damaged by a freak hailstorm and not fixed yet, Michelle still waiting for permits, and now you get nailed with rain at a critical time in the selling process! Let's see, a buyer, a builder/mover, and a seller......the only thing we haven't got covered is a renter. :duc

I just have to post a picture of these cute little farts. They are full of piss and vinegar.
6C7238B1-B971-45B7-9146-DDB050E564CE.jpeg
418ECD42-10D5-4CD6-BC59-706A194C3254.jpeg

:frow Jae! That is a lot of water! Do you have a new place sort of picked out already?

Im sad that yall didnt tell me about this thread.
:hit

All of yall!

:(

Maybe folks figured you didn't need yet another fast moving thread to try and keep up with. ;)

But they love me.....at least they pretend they do so they don't hurt the ol' lady's feel goods. :lau
No one is pretending here Blooie! And no, that pork chop around your neck has NOTHING to do with it! :hugs

And she doesn't eat candy or much sweets so it helps lol we got lucky.
Depends on the quality of the enamel. My sister (15 months younger) and I ate all the same stuff as kids. I had no fillings in my baby teeth, I think she almost had more fillings than teeth.

I really didnt mean to take over the thread or interrupt anything
:oops:
I hope everyone has an awesome weekend !!​
Impossible to take a "no topic" thread off topic!!

I just realized that my life stinks!!! :hit
Yep and nope! Who knows what you would be like without all the trials and tribulations you've had to work through. More :hugs:hugs

And @CapricornFarm you need to do some articles on your builds too! There's very little about rabbits and/or goats that I've come across and a lot of members have those in addition to poultry!
There are many rabbit and goat threads on BYH.

@N F C I agree,
@007Sean you should do a pheasant/quail write up, you are a great writer and have the knowledge/experience to back the words up!
&
@CapricornFarm your builds are SO worth an article page too! You could open up a world of ideas for people with animals the same.

So sorry for your flooding issue @JaeG :hugs

And cute freaking kittens @DigMyChicks, I love me some kittys!

@N F C work! Again!?! Lol

Back
Top Bottom