The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning, everyone!!

@N F C , How’s Opie this morning? Steroids kicking in? And how’s it going medicating him?

Nothing planned for today. Maybe time to start taping off the hall and dining room and get some painting done.

Tam’s headed down to Basin to get all signed up for the new job. Fingers crossed!! Roads are slick but the sun is shining and we should get out of the single digits today.

Kendra reached a new milestone yesterday. She said her first bad word. She used it in the correct context too - it was in response to her being unable to untangle the charging cable for her iPad talker. I don’t think that word is on her talker. :lau
Good morning, Blooie. Congratulations on Kendra's milestone! I hope Tam loves the job, & doesn't hate the drive!
I agree :old snow should not be allowed in places that get up to 100°+ in the summer.
I don't even mind the 100s so much, because the humidity drops when it gets over 95. Our humidity is awful. Especially in the summer. We have to be diligent to keep the mold and mildew out of our home.
Hello to you all :frow A restless night meant I finally got to bed after 2am so now I'm really running late.

@Blooie you (I think it was you?) asked how Opie was doing. He's still coughing but not as frequently. The vet has to have his rx made up and we don't have it yet. Soon I hope and I sincerely hope it helps him out. He's just not up to his usual tricks right now.

@Madhouse Pullet that was a cool wall thing for indoor cats! DH built a catio for my guys. They climb up a tall tower in the bedroom, go out the cat door and can get into the catio for some sun & fun. Pip won't use it but the 2 boys (Opie and Bam Bam) love it. This is the only photo I can find of it, taken before it was 100% complete:
View attachment 2982339
It's covered in hardware cloth so they are well protected in it (hc isn't just for chickens!).
Good morning, Debby. Im glad Opie is better.
Love it! Boo would have a fit to get out, and June would be terrified when the chickens pecked on the door. 🤣
:wee

What do you owe the corporation? You are an account number to them. All of the employees you know have left and the new ones apparently don't care to provide quality service. Find a bank or Credit Union that fits your needs.

Until they come up with regional calendars that know when spring ACTUALLY starts, I ignore the "first day of spring" note on calendars.

Oh, is your chili vegetarian?

They replace it with another one and don't tell anyone. I suppose if the groundhog actually starts getting it right more often than not you might assume the last one died.

It is never too late, Debby has a birthday every year!

Yeah, wouldn't want the kids to have healthy cookies that aren't full of preservatives and such.

Go Kendra!!!!
Just don't let Mom and Dad hear you.
Good afternoon, Bruce. My chili is definitely NOT vegetarian.

I had to give my barn cat meds for 2 weeks. Pills were a no go, I have never had a problem giving my 50- and 120-pound dogs pills, so how hard could it be to give a tiny piece of pill to a 5-pound cat. Yeah - my vet let me mush the tiny 1/4 pill piece up and use a syringe with water to inject it into the cats mouth. twice a day. I used the water off a can of tuna to rinse the syringe out - into the cats mouth. Nitro somewhat tolerated the pills to get the tuna treatment afterwards. By the end of the 2 weeks, I had to resort to making a cat burrito roll to give him the meds part of it.

Back
Top Bottom