The Official Quail Club!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Can't help ya there?
Do you have some sort of 'cord' or something that can plug from your phone into your computer?
hmm.png

Finally got around to posting pics .... this pics are outdated BUT ...

Itty Bitty Stiny Eye
wink.png
Itty Bitty is a Black Faced Male
trtrttrt3.jpg

My 1st Button pen we "Made" for my buttons. We used an old rabbit cage for the "frame" then we sewed screwn wire onto the pen. Works great, allows an air flow and I can also see my buttons. Buttons and R.I.P. Bunny used to live in this pen until Bunny died. Then Buddy ( my boyfriend ) and his gal' moved in.
QuailPens1019.jpg

QuailPens10110.jpg

QuailPens1018.jpg

Inside the pen....
QuailPens1017.jpg

R.I.P. Bunny, and Buttons in their old pen the day I got them.
MynewB-Quail2.jpg

MeMyselfIs27.jpg

MeMyselfIs25.jpg

Button Quail Eggs in a chicken egg carton
MeMyselfIs52.jpg

Itty Bitty doesn't like being held
IttyBittuStinkEyeLooks2.jpg

Baby: Buddy, Birdy and Itty Bitty in the brooder - Newborns
fdf00ff0xxkkkkkkd-0d0d0f0e00e0e13.jpg

fdf00ff0xxkkkkkkd-0d0d0f0e00e0e9.jpg

The 1st chick that hatched out of FeatheredObsession's eggs - Cinnamon Tuxedo
FawnBlack15.jpg

FawnBlack13.jpg

Buttons and Bunny dustbathing ...
cool.png

f990dkdiod9d9d9d10.jpg

Buddy as a Teen resting in the dust bath ....
f990dkdiod9d9d9d2.jpg

More to come....

Nice photos, Mrs. Fluffy Puffy!

My Button Quail would never let me hold them like that. They'd start stress molting right away.

Awesome pics! your buttons are very handsome. RIP Bunny
sad.png

I would like to make a pen like yours... clever use with the screen!
I am trying to finish up with the ones I have for my breeders. I will try and get a pic when I am done with them.
smile.png

I am having fun with the attempts anyhow!

CatJane,
Something else that works fairly well are the plastic Pet Taxis (not the tiny cat sized ones). They cost a lot to buy new but I find them used sometimes for a few dollars.

You're welcome! It's a bit hard to clean them, but having the solid top helps reduce their panic mode on a day to day basis. They don't feel like a hawk is swooping down every time you walk past. I've found that if I have a wire top cage I have to cover the top and a couple of sides with fabric. If I have the plastic sides or solid wood sides then they don't freak out so much.

I've been using rubber shelf liner for the tops on mine. My cats spook them crazy if they manage to sneak past me when I go into their room. They are pretty decent about people though at least.

Rozzie: Thanks
smile.png
Oh, mine do go nutz when I hold them, I just figured out how to put them in a trance!
lol.png

CatJane0x0: Thanks as well
smile.png
I have 2 other pens just like this one. The other two are bigger than the rabbit cage. They're old dog cages. One of them is huge!!
lol.png

Will post pics..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom