The Old Folks Home

doing pretty well... ate too fast tonight and it went right through.... Oh well. But I am fining my balance and my wobblys are subsiding. Yay. I am down probably another half size. I finally got smart and bought a pair of suspenders.

I belive I have passed the half way point... I was near it last time I weighed. Half way is approximately 115. They said Id only loose 80 percent of my excess. Lower rate of loss with Gastric sleeve. So 80 percent of 228 would be 182 lbs... But I never was one to let myself be cubby holed... So have another six months to reach my inital goal of 228. Which would put me at 150 lbs.

So the conservative target is another 67 lbs. Which would put me at around 192 pounds... I dont want that.... I wanna be 150 -160... I can move at that weight I can dance I can do alot of things... I may be 64 but am not ready for the rocking chair and the walker.

Lets see the new meds for Clinical Depression are working famously.... making me feel almost normal.... Yay. I lived with that shroud since I was about 25... and figuring out the dynamics of all that has been an adventure.... Sigh. But worth it.

deb
All kinds of excellent news! :clap

And I am extra happy to hear that you are happy! :hugs

When I went through menopause, I had cold flashes. I thought my doctor would think I was nuts. He just said "some women do!" Better than my friend -Linda, her face would turn tomato red and perspiration just pouring down her face. She had to keep mopping it up.
Drinking tons of water and asked a waitress if she could bring a fan over to the table.

Linda must have been a cat in a former life. She always expected others to acquiess to her demands.

The detective that lives down the road from us, is married to a nurse. Dd was talking to her yesterday, and mentioned that the college library doesn't seem to have any resource materials for passing that particular version of the test.

The neighbor lady told her to go to a certain building on campus. It's called the Success Center. The resources for passing both versions of that test, are in that building, along with any other study materials used for anything pertaining to the medical field. Dd wondered why no one, including her counselor had ever mentioned it. Neighbor lady told her it seemed to be one of the best kept secrets on campus. The only reason she knew about it, was that she had gotten lost, and went in to ask direction, and discovered it quite by accident.

The book I ordered, arrived yesterday. Monday, she will be going on campus to check out the Success Center.

I still don't understand how their website can claim they use the version 6 tests, since Jan. of last year, but are actually still using the version 5, obsolete, tests.

Love Grey hounds hope to have another one day.... Such silly Goof balls.

We've got two and working on getting a third one later this year, although the logistics of going from two to three dogs is hugely different than going from one to two.

(Shameless plug)
You're very fortunate to have Operation Greyhound nearby to you (El Cajon) as they're an excellent group at rehoming ex-racers. (They get their dogs from the Caliente Racetrack.) I got my first grey from them (a puppy, no less) and would continue getting dogs from there if it weren't a two-day trek out and then back for me. Bruna and Bob are lovely and caring folks and the greyhound community they've created is exemplary with walks and annual picnics.

I drink mostly water, coffee and tea. I never was a big soda drinker

We never had soda or snacks in the house as kids. Heck, I never even saw pizza until I was 14! BUT as a result, IMHO, the body is better for it. Even though I'm rather heavy, blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol haven't been a problem. Dental-wise, I had my first cavity at age 30. I think early diet wires the body. Thanks, Mom!

menopause bed.jpg
menopause bed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom