The Old Folks Home

1615303031021.png
Good morning!

Good morning!

Hello old folks. Anyone scratching in the dirt yet?
Yep. Spring crops have been going in this week. Feeling my age as I don't bend as well as I used to and the endurance is shot. The only transplants in the veggie compound were some cabbages and they don't look too happy, so may have to supplement with seeds there.
Thus far (fingers crossed!):
2 beds of cabbage transplants
1 bed of beets
1 mixed bed of baby bok choi, French Breakfast and Watermelon radishes
2 long beds of garlic that survived overwintering
1 bed of spinach
3 towers of Tall Telephone peas
9 feet of snow peas
20+ feet of shelling peas

Haven't decided when/where to plant turnips.

There's still a chance of late frosts. We had one deep freeze last year in April that decimated all the fruit crops. Apricots right now are just starting to bloom and you can hear the buzz of eager honeybees. DH is starting to prune the grapevines.

In the next few weeks I'll get the peppers and tomatoes started, but right now fruit tree pruning is in the forefront of chores.

Good morning!

Yep. Spring crops have been going in this week. Feeling my age as I don't bend as well as I used to and the endurance is shot. The only transplants in the veggie compound were some cabbages and they don't look too happy, so may have to supplement with seeds there.
Thus far (fingers crossed!):
2 beds of cabbage transplants
1 bed of beets
1 mixed bed of baby bok choi, French Breakfast and Watermelon radishes
2 long beds of garlic that survived overwintering
1 bed of spinach
3 towers of Tall Telephone peas
9 feet of snow peas
20+ feet of shelling peas

Haven't decided when/where to plant turnips.

There's still a chance of late frosts. We had one deep freeze last year in April that decimated all the fruit crops. Apricots right now are just starting to bloom and you can hear the buzz of eager honeybees. DH is starting to prune the grapevines.

In the next few weeks I'll get the peppers and tomatoes started, but right now fruit tree pruning is in the forefront of chores.
Sounds like fun!

Back
Top Bottom