The Old Folks Home

73° on Thursday!! The garden is still partly frozen and has some snow! Chickens were panting today 🤨. Hormones raging, all 6 were trying to fit in the same corner to last their eggs. All the commotion I was afraid neighbors will complain with the noise. It lasted all morning, oh dear! 2:00 and the last 2 are still trying to push them out!

73° on Thursday!! The garden is still partly frozen and has some snow! Chickens were panting today 🤨. Hormones raging, all 6 were trying to fit in the same corner to last their eggs. All the commotion I was afraid neighbors will complain with the noise. It lasted all morning, oh dear! 2:00 and the last 2 are still trying to push them out!
Our highs will be in the 50F range for the next several days and then we go up to the low 70s for temps

It did hurt but the scab held been putting noesporin on it.
as was not sure looked the color I wanted but looks healthy now .. Our weather is kinda like yours right now but the 70 will wait about 2 months yet maybe 3 :frow
It is good that the scab held!

Hopefully we will not need the AC too soon!

Hey everyone. Busy three days here. Temps in the low 60s to low 70s so we kicked it into high gear when we heard that they are calling for rain starting tonight and going through till next week.

So in three days, we dropped 4 trees the largest being 18inches across. And have brought up 7 bucket loads of wood ready to be split. We are ahead of what we were doing last year this time.

Spring peepers are peeping.

Geese and water fowl are moving north.

My pussy willow has it's first buds.

I woke up this morning to bird song and heard a robin singing last night at sunset.

I love spring.

This afternoon we policed out the back yard and threw out all the cattle dog's treasures. I still have to rake it. :sick

Maybe I can put that off till summer??

Hey everyone. Busy three days here. Temps in the low 60s to low 70s so we kicked it into high gear when we heard that they are calling for rain starting tonight and going through till next week.

So in three days, we dropped 4 trees the largest being 18inches across. And have brought up 7 bucket loads of wood ready to be split. We are ahead of what we were doing last year this time.

Spring peepers are peeping.

Geese and water fowl are moving north.

My pussy willow has it's first buds.

I woke up this morning to bird song and heard a robin singing last night at sunset.

I love spring.

This afternoon we policed out the back yard and threw out all the cattle dog's treasures. I still have to rake it. :sick

Maybe I can put that off till summer??
This weekend is daylight savings time...even though we passed a recommendation to have it changed. Hopefully this will be that last time for California to change time an hour.

I hope you are not too sore from all the work!

Of course I'm sore Ron but since when has that stopped me? :lau Thank you though. How is the missus doing?

DH told me to give myself two or more years and I told him nothing would be different. I will still be tired and sore. Some things never change.

So we spring ahead this weekend? Grumble grumble. I think Missouri was considering that but I haven't heard anything about it passing. I just as soon they did and leave the time alone. In all honesty, I handle the spring ahead better than the falling back, at least my body does.

Of course I'm sore Ron but since when has that stopped me? :lau Thank you though. How is the missus doing?

DH told me to give myself two or more years and I told him nothing would be different. I will still be tired and sore. Some things never change.

So we spring ahead this weekend? Grumble grumble. I think Missouri was considering that but I haven't heard anything about it passing. I just as soon they did and leave the time alone. In all honesty, I handle the spring ahead better than the falling back, at least my body does.
She is better this week.

It is good that soreness does not stop you!

Back
Top Bottom