The Old Folks Home

I don't want my flock mingling with the wild birds because of the flu but out by the pine trees my yard sounds like a tropical rain forest, a rainbow of colored song birds, including chatter from my flock. The chickens include them as if they are part of their own- I really wouldn't be surprised if they would jump in my lap with the chickens, they certainly aren't afraid of me. Maybe the chickens told them I'm a friend! Theirs a chicken nest got built on the porch and along side it are two birds nests. I fill the water bowls half full to discourage bird bathing. But I can't help but like those friendly little birdies. They make me feel like I'm far away in an enchanted forest

Morning, OF! No mowing today. Got well over half the place done in 3 days.. First time since the stroke I've been able to do it this fast. Off today to see a man about some bamboo, I have some chicken projects in mind.
There's a whole forest of bamboo across the river from us. Green all winter.

Afternoon all.

Rainy day here. We did some wood splitting since we couldn't hit the timber to harvest more.

My EF chicks are 7 weeks old this week and dying to get the heck out of their grow out pen. Frankly I am also, the adolescent little poop machines. Spill their water then sit and cry cause they don't have water. Refill. Repeat. Finally gave them a bowl that they can't tip over. Okay, standing in it. Well I tried.

The other ten bantam chicks (plus one ringer that is a Fayoumi barnyard cross) are just wild little heathens. When I am lucky enough to catch one of them they scream like I'm pinching their heads off. Mom comes storming over to me and since she sees that it's me tormenting one of her babies she smooths her feathers but proceeds to march around me like I'm Jericho and her name is Joshua.

Other than that, it's springtime in Misosuri.

@CapricornFarm. I've been to one rock and mineral show. Man o man talk about a kid in a candy store.

Still haven't made it down to the stream. Came close one day but got side tracked by being forced to be a responsible adult, lol.

Good morning Old Folks We have sun !
Finishing the fridgerator moving back but leveling for the floor in the back .. We knew the house was built in stages..
Now we are learning not all level.
I've always been fond of the idea of bulldozing and starting over but can't talk DH into it.

Back
Top Bottom