The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. insanity

insanity Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2013
    Northwest Wy
    Ron,
    Thanks, I will give it a try, it makes since.

2. CanuckBock

CanuckBock THE Village Ijit

Oct 25, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    My Coop
    Time allowances and priorities...basically...ask yourself..."You happy Man doing what you enjoy doing?" Then everything is beautiful, eh? In the eye of the beholders! I know people that have a single coop and they scoop up daily after their chooks like one would with a cat or a dog. I just winced when I found that out. Uh, NO...I have certain limitations about how much I am expected to do and the bar is never going to be that high where I have to be on plop patrol for birds. I have a BIL that would freak if like one blade of grass was out of place (you know...the ones that have to mow the lawn in perfect formation so the wheel marks are perfectly parallel?)...went to visit and noticed some "ants" were making an attempt at an organized invasion...commented to my kid..."Does Jerry KNOW the ants are marching on his lawn?" Never said anything because I can only imagine the BUG sprays he used already...get ourselves RE-fumigated if we said a peep. [​IMG]

A little judicious neglect in respect to what needs doing every day! Yard work is like house work and it never ends...you could be doing the continuous circle of weeding and trimming, or dusting and vacuuming. Rick's mother vacuums daily...I just glazed over when I heard that coming from a strict house were you were trained to replace an ornament in the exact same spot the dust outlined. I simply told Rick NO...when the DUST bunnies start growling and coming out to assault you from the corners, time to fire up the vacuum--otherwise around here in the house...dog hair is consider a condiment...get over it! Many things to me are way over the top of how busy I want to see myself. These are our Golden Years (time to be kind to ourselves and let a few things slide). I have yet to see a gravestone (but might now that I say this) that states, "Kept an Immaculate House!" I'd rather go out with it chiselled, "Died Excessively Happy!" [​IMG]

Hmm...I could find a reason to be insulted IF and only IF I thought this might be construed to be personally aimed towards me but since I stay put and never travel more than a day trip away now...

Phhht...can't worry...can't be remotely about moi. I know paradise when I found it--this snowbird never migrates...me go nowhere's and that's a real good thing! [​IMG]

HONK...HONK>>>HONK!!!!!!!!!!!! (that's Rick making noises from one of his trucks or is that his Ruddy Shels causing the commotion?) ​

Tara

3. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Tara, I will laugh heartily at any barbs you might want to aim at me and my fellow 'Murkins - they are probably well deserved.[​IMG]

4. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I hope it works out for you.

He is very nice looking and should make very nice Babies.

5. CanuckBock

Oct 25, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    My Coop
    Nope, no worries...not me...la la la...not me I see...la la la...happy joy joy! Too fat, sassy and lazy today! No pincushions for arrows do I see...me blinded by the excessive happiness...

To quote Patch Adams movie...

Arthur Mendelson: I've always seen eight...but then again, I wear coke bottle lenses for eye glasses...bwa ha ha...oh my eye! [​IMG]

Tara

6. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

I love Patch Adams!

7. CanuckBock

Oct 25, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    My Coop
    I know who needs a red rubber nose & floppy shoes...how about a kiddy pool fulla noodles! [​IMG]

So much wisdom, so much laughter on topics we are not suppose to laugh about...right up my back alley...[​IMG]

Hunter Patch Adams:
    And this all time fav of mine....

Patch Adams Movie: Yes, I want all these and more on my own death bed...YES face plant in one of the flower beds! [​IMG]

Slow down and smell the worm's decaying...yes... [​IMG]

Tara

8. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe True BYC Addict

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    But Penedesencas are supposed to have side sprigs.
    [​IMG]
    And polite.

9. Dragonfly216

Dragonfly216 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2013
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Adorable babies, Cynthia! I just love those Silkies, so pretty!

I love Miss Piggy, SCG!

Than you so much for the BBQ sauce recipe, that looks great! I copied it right to my notepad on my phone :) love the baby robin photos!

Thanks for sharing the trip photos, Oz! Looks like y'all had a really nice trip, great shots!

10. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Yes! Penedesenca have sprigs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by