The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    First hike done today. It wasn't as exciting as we hoped but it was nice to get out of the car and hike for a while. More to follow tomorrow. Today was Water Canyon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. apteryx

apteryx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2013
    Alabama
    Birmingham is an interesting place. To those that have never been here, the question is usually "why would you?" For those that have been here, many come intending to stay a couple of years and before they know it they have been here 10, 20, 30 years or longer. One of my favorite faculty members to work with came here from Australia about 35 or so years ago and never left.

It sounds like things worked out ok for your friends brother.

Wisher - isn't one of the Alabama players Australian? I know that LSU's punter was/is Australian...

3. apteryx

May 28, 2013
    Alabama
    I get a variation of this. It's often "you're not from the south are you?" Depending on my mood and who is asking I sometimes reply with something along the lines of "actually, yes I am". It can lead to some very puzzled looks.

4. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA

yep. I just hatched some
    8 black from a friend and some empordanesa

Ron the 3 black roosters I hatched 6 weeks ago from your too and my hens have great combs coming in

5. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

yeah - he made 23 mil as a pro baller. He is now a sports agent for several coaches and broadcasters

6. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens

7. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

I shared the same bath as Brittany Spears when she was the hottest thing around - I was given an upgrade at a boutique hotel in DC and she was the guest before me.

So close yet so far away....

One of the fun things about living and working in Culver City was the close brushes with fame. I once has a screaming argument with Marlon Brando - he belly thumped me - so I had his *** removed by security.

8. apteryx

May 28, 2013
    Alabama
    I may have to nominate you for the title of The Most Interesting Man in the World. Balinese royalty, Britney Spears, Marlon Brando, international chicken breeder/trader....

9. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens

10. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

LOL

I believe in running full tilt at life - its too short just to watch TV

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by