The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    i really need a byc lawyer. The things i get locked up for are never my fault.

2. Peep_Show

Peep_Show Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2010
    Corrales, NM
    Superchemicalgirl:

re: Your friend with the bummer newlywed experience:

She could slash the tires, but considering the car could be considered community property she would end up paying for at least half anyway. Not worth it, IMHO. Others have pinned it right: She is lucky to have found out early and should consider it a blessing. She could have the marriage annulled perhaps as he obviously didn't take the vows seriously. No trust, respect, honor or honesty there....what's the point of staying in THAT relationship? He's a dog and not likely to be retrained and since he got caught he'll just learn to cover his tracks better the next time. I hope she doesn't doormat and has spine enough to walk away.

Been there, done that. I wish I had been more intuitive earlier on in my first marriage. By the time I figured it out years later -- and my ex was such a manipulative cad/charletan he was having an affair with the best man's wife up to and through past our nuptials, plus was leading a double life -- it was VERY expensive and I ended up leaving the marriage with less than what I went into it with....but considering the blessings that came afterward, the hurt and expenses for freedom were a small price to pay for the good life now.

I wish your friend well. She deserves far better than what she got.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    'Perry' aka theotherranch and capvin are both lawyers. Both have advised and pled my case upon occasion . Their best advice, "Think before you type."

4. CanuckBock

CanuckBock THE Village Ijit

Oct 25, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    My Coop
    I am sure you will get your buck but something for the bedroom...well my dear fella...stuff fer the bedroom always wins over BIG time when you are a "family" man! LOL [​IMG]

I can understand not buying high end if it is going to degrade quickly. Kinda went that way with technology and now buy middle of the road and proven. You can buy the best of the best but have it superseded in three months.

Totally get the "build as if living on a boat" part coming from the WEsT Coast! I never saw so many places that moss and green slime would take up residence in and on! Ack!

Takes time to invest in your place and make things upgraded to manageable. Always tweaking this and that too...finding better ways--speaking of moss--no moss growing under you or Mrs. Oz indeed being so very busy busy!

The new roof sounds devine...terracotta like...very classy! Yes, get that good roofing on and from there onwards and downwards (not upwards 'cause you took care of that roof part!). [​IMG]

Nothing good is ever really for free and even when you got the new building materials, then the installation and such takes efforts and resources to see thru. But I expect you will enjoy your choices for a long time to come. Kinda nice to sit as the heavens open up and not have to worry about what drips are gonna turn into a deluge and ruin what you already bought and paid for--never mind had shipped in! Not like you run down to the corner store and get replacements.

You probably have had lots of practise from living in Australia. I am told that many of the bigger ticket items (New Zealand has these issues also) was highly taxed when brought in! The 1936 Chevrolet Maple Leaf trucks...Pepsi or Coca Cola (don't remember which one!) had them shipped over to Australia to use as hauling trucks but they were smart & savvy about it--they had the Leafs imported in without the cabs, so just a chassis and then had Holden (boat builders) make up the cabs. Rick and I could never quite figure out why the 1936 Chev Maple Leafs l00ked so different until an Ozzy pointed out this key factor! Then it all made complete sense. The chassis was considered "PARTS" and not a vehicle and the taxation loop hole made it more economical to get their fleet over there.

Good suggestion...gonna have a roast beast tonight too...raining like the dickens and tucking into roast beef, gravy on baked potato with Rick's version of vegetable--cream corn! Yeh, a starch...makes me laugh...then he suggests for veg, "PEAS?"...another sorta almost a starch veg soI should say he IS kinda showing improvement. I'll suggest, "How about broccoli or cauliflower?" Then the response I get is the hopeful comment of "with cheese sauce?"

Should I so, like, give up! [​IMG]

Container as in c-can? I bet that would make the most economical sense...fill her up with what you need and ship it on out. I think the hardest part is knowing when to ship...when is it filled up and when do you need to get it there. Lots of planning for you. Hmm...living life six months planned ahead?

Glad you like...I almost did not put that one in but they were having such a good time...silly chooks so easily amused with general life things.

The main photos get taken by Rick's old digital camera...one of those smallish ones. It travels about in my left pocket of the chore pants. Left pocket is for camera...right one for eggs....NEVER EVER get them mixed up or together...not a good combo! [​IMG]

Around the neck for the big camera but it was a hand me down from my photo SIL and lasted the last bit of its life a few months. Could not beat the detail photos it took...shows up my pocket one real good. Have a big B-Day coming up so may ask for a decent replacement. I love taking photos. That says a 1,000 words like I don't spew enough but I like how photos show the view from my eyes to other's eyes. SEE what I see.

[​IMG]
    Pearl in background flapping, Ember in foreground and Fixins to right​

One of my fav shots...Fixins sitting enjoying the shade, the two girl swans, in quarantine but having fun and me sitting there soaking it all in. Really...this is really happening...summer last was a real blast and have a ton of photos to capture those moments.

And things do change. I was riffling thru looking for the photos when I first planted my veg garden 15 years back and freaked at how much the trees and shrubs have grown since we moved here. I made sure to put in the shelterbelts that next summer, 1999...and now the caragana is like eight feet high and lilacs are a decent hedges and the mountain ash and the spruce trees are towering. Yeh, move to a new place, get them plantings in because before you can blink...a decade and a half rips by. Having fun, time flies!

Package of KD...even one of those noodle things with some cubed cheese, sliced green onion, cubed slices of ham...voila...food. A tin of peaches, fruit cocktail, something decent not like a bag of chips or some nasty after midnight broke down item!

Not always an elaborate affair but you gotta eat regular woman. When I first moved out of house and home...I reflected on day three that all I had had was coffee and cigarettes...buzz buzz...no wonder I felt a bit off. You can survive on adrenaline and excitement for only so long before you implode and make a real mess...then you gotta clean up that mess. Take care of yourself and eat regular good stuff. Have that extra slice of pie if you worked it off. The scrawny persons never really do a real day's work...the good ol' 4x4 physic of the European peasant woman...now there's a figure you can get a day's rations outta. Bwa ha ha...gimme the throngs of babooshka clad any day and you'll have what needs doing, done like dinner! [​IMG]

Yer pillow referral instantly had me thinking of camping s'mores and the corny "biggest marshmallow" joke so had a quick gander for a piccy off the Net and found this one.

[​IMG]
    Corgi alert!​

So you better not have eaten yer pillow...one less one for the dawg to hide under. Poor puppers!

I'll do my morning run and come home...find Fixins sleeping ON my bed. Laugh my butt off '
    cause I'll put that tone of disbelief in my voice and she'll yawn, stretch, and give me the "do I hafta get off the bed now?" look. Overworked abused dog!
    Now there is a spunky breed (those Corgis) I could warm up to...besides wondering where the rest of their legs went. [​IMG]

When I showed dogs (a million years ago it seems now), I was the first to show each day being our breed's name was "Australian" as in ACattle Dogs...then the Aussie Shepherds and of course, the Corgis! I got to know one English woman and she was ever endearing....roll her eyes as her spunk mysters would get all frisky waiting for their turn to run stoopid round the ring! Sorry, conformation makes me grin...I like obedience, herding trials, more brain activities than beauty contests...but you gotta have a third party opinion that yer dawgs are made up right and to do that, you run stoopid round the ring. Corgis are kewl dogs...Rick recalls a pair of them that were very proud of their neckerchiefs and when the lady of the farm insisted they needed a washing...he said the two dogs sulked like no tomorrow...until the two neckers were back from the laundry and on their necks once again. Very adept at moving their cattle...Rick was amazed with the force they exuded on the cows and bulls--no messing with them Corgis or someone was gonna get a good stern biting!

Well I thought to myself, if Bama don't post by today (Flyday & Bingo Chook Pooper night), I was gonna post a MIA comment on yer whereabouts!

Jail...again Dude? Ack--I thought the first thing they taught you in prison was how NOT to get caught the next time? [​IMG]

I must say this place (OFH) would be less without your cutting edge side of humour posted here. Maybe the rest of the joint is a tad bit too fluffy sensitive. I like your teasing and it takes all sorts to make a community whole--do try and behave if able since your absence would be a loss for us all. I guess you still have no idea what nerves you are plucking but I haven't seen any too over the top outbursts from you but then again, I rarely stray too far from the Home (away from Home Sweet Home). Few genetics threads, one or two breed & species ones and My Coop. I don't "get" the role playing, some of the games, some of the reasonings people do what they do now (lack of common sense, I suppose is more the norm), and anything too out there about kissy kissy chicken should have had real human children kind of conversations.

Raining like [email protected] & dawgs today but will help wash all the rock we have put down.

Got a great big ol' pot of chicken leg soup base on the boil on the stove. Sure makes the house smell nice...poultry seasoning, bay leaves and chicken waifing round.

[​IMG]

Gonna make another version of "chicken potato" soup for the weekend since the rain is forecast to keep on falling.

[​IMG]

Got pretty much all the veg sliced and diced up...just the potatoes to slice up thin and maybe add some corn to make sure we have enough STARCH in our diets (Die with a capital T).

Nobody is out today on the lawns and such...not unless I want them all like drowned mudstered ratz.[​IMG]

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
    Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Early in our marriage - over 50 years ago, the Princess wanted a window mounted AC unit in the bedroom. This dumb old country boy said, "We really can't afford that right now." Shortly thereafter I was feeling rather amorous and her response was, "It's entirely too hot." We bought an AC unit the very next day. Life is all about setting priorities. [​IMG]

6. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

7. Peep_Show

Peep_Show Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2010
    Corrales, NM
    Touche!

8. IttyBiddyRedHen

IttyBiddyRedHen Chillin' With My Peeps