The Old Folks Home

Soil where chickens have been is high in phosphorus. Perhaps one can mix the two.

I had an indepth professional soil sample done this spring on one of my beds where chickens had been. It was so worth the money. It turned out all I needed was a little nitrogen and the phosphorus was a little high.
I have a feeling you have giant fruit in your future lol.

Corn is also about half way here too. I'm seeing watermelon stands though. Utah grows some great watermelon. I've never been able to get a decent sized one myself, so, don't try now.

Sloppy Joes here tonight. My DH loves those things. Actually, anything tomatoy.
My Dad had an eye surgery and could not work and mom had to take care of him and us 5 kids. That is why we had to spend the summer on the lake. It was not so bad, we caught loads of frogs and had frog races and got to walk to a store most days with a nickle to get a sucker. Plus if we got an Indian head on the paper we could get a free sucker the next time!
wink.png

HERE WE GO AGAIN, SIGH

The Chicken Whisperer
7 hrs ·
SALMONELLA OUTBREAK UPDATE: The CDC just posted an update regarding the Salmonella Outbreak from May. The number of sick doubled again, and an additional strain of Salmonella has been detected with this outbreak. You can read all the updates by clicking on the link below.
Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry | May 2014 | Salmonella | CDC
Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
CDC.GOV

Well, I was looking out the bathroom window this morning and saw a rounded something on the front lawn that resembled an egg. Got busy and didn't think too much about it until later in the day when I looked out the window again and it seemed somewhat puffier. Uh-oh. Was it a mushroom about to release its spores? Well, no, because that patch of lawn was kind of dry and sickly. DH and I went out to investigate. It was a cottontail....just the tail all round and fluffy on the lawn. (Remember the movie "Blue Velvet"? "I was walking along and found an ear....") Anyway, looks like the coyotes are back!
celebrate.gif
And hopefully they'll keep returning now that they know they can find a rabbit dinner. Honestly, the rabbit population is getting ridiculous...they don't even try to hide anymore. They just hunker down on the lawn and hope you don't notice them. Daily I'm collapsing new tunnels in VeggieLand.

I sent DH out to do cleanup detail. He has been happily telling everyone within earshot about how he bagged some tail this afternoon.... (!!) Sigh.....

4 point white tail deer left butt cheek with potatoes, carrots, garlic, celery, and onion cooked 5 hrs in the crock pot

Last edited by a moderator:
HERE WE GO AGAIN, SIGH

The Chicken Whisperer
7 hrs ·

SALMONELLA OUTBREAK UPDATE: The CDC just posted an update regarding the Salmonella Outbreak from May. The number of sick doubled again, and an additional strain of Salmonella has been detected with this outbreak. You can read all the updates by clicking on the link below.
Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry | May 2014 | Salmonella | CDC
Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
CDC.GOV

I'm in one of those green colored states. Didn't even hear about it. And I have 3 daughters that are RN's.
idunno.gif

It's been a long time since I've cooked a deer's rump..roast. With the very same veggies you mentioned. I used to hunt those big ol mule deer out here. Can't do that anymore. Hiking..up big hills. Not good. That crock pot right there sure looks good though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom