The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

I have a feeling you have giant fruit in your future lol.

2. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    My Dad had an eye surgery and could not work and mom had to take care of him and us 5 kids. That is why we had to spend the summer on the lake. It was not so bad, we caught loads of frogs and had frog races and got to walk to a store most days with a nickle to get a sucker. Plus if we got an Indian head on the paper we could get a free sucker the next time! [​IMG]

3. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    My prayers are with u guys

4. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

Chicanoe - next time you hug your friend, hold on another few seconds for me. I wish (there I go again) I could give it to him in person.

1 person likes this.
  5. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

HERE WE GO AGAIN, SIGH

The Chicken Whisperer
    7 hrs ·
    SALMONELLA OUTBREAK UPDATE: The CDC just posted an update regarding the Salmonella Outbreak from May. The number of sick doubled again, and an additional strain of Salmonella has been detected with this outbreak. You can read all the updates by clicking on the link below.
    [​IMG]
    Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry | May 2014 | Salmonella | CDC
    Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
    CDC.GOV

6. Peep_Show

Peep_Show Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2010
    Corrales, NM
    Well, I was looking out the bathroom window this morning and saw a rounded something on the front lawn that resembled an egg. Got busy and didn't think too much about it until later in the day when I looked out the window again and it seemed somewhat puffier. Uh-oh. Was it a mushroom about to release its spores? Well, no, because that patch of lawn was kind of dry and sickly. DH and I went out to investigate. It was a cottontail....just the tail all round and fluffy on the lawn. (Remember the movie "Blue Velvet"? "I was walking along and found an ear....") Anyway, looks like the coyotes are back! [​IMG] And hopefully they'll keep returning now that they know they can find a rabbit dinner. Honestly, the rabbit population is getting ridiculous...they don't even try to hide anymore. They just hunker down on the lawn and hope you don't notice them. Daily I'm collapsing new tunnels in VeggieLand.

I sent DH out to do cleanup detail. He has been happily telling everyone within earshot about how he bagged some tail this afternoon.... (!!) Sigh.....

7. bamadude

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    4 point white tail deer left butt cheek with potatoes, carrots, garlic, celery, and onion cooked 5 hrs in the crock pot

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
  8. bamadude

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    [​IMG]

9. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah

SALMONELLA OUTBREAK UPDATE: The CDC just posted an update regarding the Salmonella Outbreak from May. The number of sick doubled again, and an additional strain of Salmonella has been detected with this outbreak. You can read all the updates by clicking on the link below.
    [​IMG]
    Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry | May 2014 | Salmonella | CDC
    Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
    CDC.GOV

I'm in one of those green colored states. Didn't even hear about it. And I have 3 daughters that are RN's. [​IMG]

10. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    It's been a long time since I've cooked a deer's rump..roast. With the very same veggies you mentioned. I used to hunt those big ol mule deer out here. Can't do that anymore. Hiking..up big hills. Not good. That crock pot right there sure looks good though.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by