The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    The Guinea is not water proof. If you hit the neck and the tail a couple of times, the frontline will get to the skin.

Also, do you really care if it gets too much of a dose?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

[​IMG]

3. Peep_Show

Peep_Show Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2010
    Corrales, NM
    Ahhhh, you know how it is.... The "bad boy" thingy.

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

lols Peep_Show .. yep, been there, done that but I am pretty sure mum did not need to de-lice him; mind you, I cannot guarantee the thought did not cross her mind! [​IMG]

5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Catching up...oh my goodness these are beautiful. Nothing like fresh, just like our cherries. I can almost smell them.
    [​IMG]
    Looks tasty to me. Should have shown us that jam on that nice piece of bread! Drooling now. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Home made strawberry jam. [​IMG] It's been a long time.

7. JW12

JW12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2014
    Greenback, TN
    I feel like I need a net gun for the three teenagers in the house! Or for the boys that are trying to talk to me two girls. Hmmmm rehoming a boy, boy comes after one of my girls ..... Boy get shot by net gun.... Boy gets relocated out in the woods miles from everywhere..... I like it!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    JW, have you tried sitting on the porch cleaning a shotgun when the 'boy' is going to arrive? I was somewhat difficult when the young men would appear at our house. On some level, I think that my daughter enjoyed my behavior??? All of this until she brought 'the one' home. She asked, "Dad don't embarrass this one - he's different." She was right - 20 years of marriage and 3 well adjusted kids/grandkids have verified that fact. Some sort of screening process is a necessity. [​IMG]

9. JW12

JW12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2014
    Greenback, TN
    The rougher I am when boys are around the better my girls like it too! They think it's funny. I hate to say it but some of the worse boys have been the ones from the church! I don't understand that at all. I don't clean the guns I just take them on a tour showing off all the deer heads and different things I have had mounted over the years. Then there is a blank bird on the wall the reads " reserved for the boys the mistreat my daughters" I think they get the message lol. My DW just shakes her head and tells me to have fun but not go overboard

10. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

UPDATE -dosed her yesterday with with scrambled egg (could never resist that no matter how bad she felt) in a bit of water loaded with nutridrench and probiotics in the main water supplies for everyone. By mid afternoon she was no longer hiding but still moving a little slow and by evening she was back to her old squawky, energetic self and ravenously hungry. She was totally back to normal this morning. Thinking now she must have been the one that had stopped laying and a combination of our humid heat and her first egg in a while just had her not feeling so well???

Oh, and favorite berry pickin' patch opens tomorrrow! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by