The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  2. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    It hit 90 here today. That was brutal. The good news is a giant thunderstorm rolled through right after I got the chicken chores done and not only cooled it down but watered the plants for me so I didn't have to. Score! One more day of intense heat and then back to the 70s for us.

Hope your garden makes it out alive.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Mid 90's, high humidity and afternoon thunderstorms. Went to the Kutztown Fair/Festival, ate lots and got out and home prior to the storms. Right now it's like a sauna outside.

4. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    I could be an exhibit at the Klutztown Fair/Festival.

5. JW12

JW12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2014
    Greenback, TN
    I took the survey and got to a certain part of it after answering about different feeds.... Then told me I was inelidgeable to complete the rest of the survey and would get no free bag of food. I know it said at the end it would tell who the quiz was for so I guess they figured I wouldn't buy there stuff!?! They don't realize I go to 2 different feed stores and if they don't carry but what they carry I wouldn't know about other brands.

6. Latestarter

Latestarter Overrun With Chickens

Mar 18, 2014
    North East Texas
    I'm guessing it must/might be regional as well... I'm probably outside of their region. It's the only logical thing I can think that might disqualify me before I've even answered a question... My profile lets everyone know that I'm on the front range in Colorado... [​IMG]

7. Peep_Show

Peep_Show Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2010
    Corrales, NM
    Yeah, that first time click was kind of rude. If you clicked a second time they explained they had enough answers and were discontinuing the survey....not anything personal to the survey-taker.

8. Peep_Show

Peep_Show Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2010
    Corrales, NM
    By the way, I have hollyhocks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They really came in heavy and thick this year and in a great assortment of colors. The patch on the other side of the yard is whites, creams, yellows and peach. They're regrowths from last year with a bunch of volunteer ones (they grow like weeds around here). Anyway, some are spent and I'm taking them down hoping to get a second bloom AND collecting the seeds. Any takers on the seeds? I gave away 10 baggies of them today at coffee klatsch.

9. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-this-morning-about-an-hour-ago#post_13752189
    NIFTY-CHICKEN

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I thought that was you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by