The Old Folks Home

Well, that's quite the morning greeting for you. YUK!
sickbyc.gif

The OP may be MIA now.

Oh well.

I hatched a couple of Pita Pinta and Konza Ranger Chicks--One is a rare chicken from Spain and the other is a special project from chooks chicks.

They are headed to their new home today.

Ron, my one Basque that I hatched is so cute. I put him/her and the coronation sussex in with the 11 SBEL;s a smaller bird when I put them outside. They fit right in and the Basque is growing so fast. They are 8 days older than the small ones but they all are like jumping beans. Cutest ever. Feathering out. All 13 of these that I hatched are so much more personable than the hatchery chicks that I got. They still run from me, but the new ones want OUT to play. I don't have a run yet.

Ron, my one Basque that I hatched is so cute. I put him/her and the coronation sussex in with the 11 SBEL;s a smaller bird when I put them outside. They fit right in and the Basque is growing so fast. They are 8 days older than the small ones but they all are like jumping beans. Cutest ever. Feathering out. All 13 of these that I hatched are so much more personable than the hatchery chicks that I got. They still run from me, but the new ones want OUT to play. I don't have a run yet.
The chicks from Breeder stock are so different from the beginning. They seem to be both smarter and friendlier. The Basque Hens are amazing. I am really loving my Spanish breeds--especially on the 110 degree days. Not only to they take the heat well but they keep laying eggs in the heat.

The chicks from Breeder stock are so different from the beginning. They seem to be both smarter and friendlier. The Basque Hens are amazing. I am really loving my Spanish breeds--especially on the 110 degree days. Not only to they take the heat well but they keep laying eggs in the heat.
know where I can get some of those nice heat loving laying birds?!

know where I can get some of those nice heat loving laying birds?!
I do not remember where you live?

Pita Pintas are very rare and mostly in California. EO Marraduna Basque are more common. The Penedesencas are a bit more stand offish but I really like them. @ChickenCanoe Has Black Penes.

I have Partridge Penes but they are hard to hatch when the eggs are shipped. I hope to have a bunch ready to go next Season. I have hatched a new breeding Quad.

@gjensen has Catalanas and @Lacy Blues has started a thread for Spanish Breeds:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/854496/poultry-breeds-of-spanish-ancestry

I do not remember where you live?

Pita Pintas are very rare and mostly in California. EO Marraduna Basque are more common. The Penedesencas are a bit more stand offish but I really like them. @ChickenCanoe
Has Black Penes.

I have Partridge Penes but they are hard to hatch when the eggs are shipped. I hope to have a bunch ready to go next Season. I have hatched a new breeding Quad.

@gjensen
has Catalanas and @Lacy Blues
has started a thread for Spanish Breeds:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/854496/poultry-breeds-of-spanish-ancestry
thanks Ron!
I really love the look of the Med breeds. Maybe next spring! My husband says I have to get rid of more before I can get more. I don't know what his problem is, birds are always leaving the premesis!

thanks Ron!
I really love the look of the Med breeds. Maybe next spring! My husband says I have to get rid of more before I can get more. I don't know what his problem is, birds are always leaving the premesis!
lau.gif
Yes, going and coming all the time. I have some old girls that will go via the soup pot this fall.

They are starting to mate the younger hens. Hormones must be getting messed up with them.

If you need a "normal" (easy to find) heat loving bird that makes a nice carcass if your husband insists you get rid of birds, look into the naked neck.

Went to the "local" dairy here this morning. They have a barnyard and all kinds of animals.

Lookie what they just got:

I was eye to eye with this lovely creature.
love.gif
It had some gigantic legs and feet. And poops.

Back
Top Bottom