The Old Folks Home

We need rain SO bad. Y'all can send your surplus west cause we sure could use it.

My small garden is doing well in spite of the dry spell mainly because I'm watering and mulching everything.

@CapricornFarm, my white pumpkins and warty red squash are doing well. Can hardly wait to harvest. I moved a few panels to my run around last fall and this year I planted my tomato plants where the run once was. Those 'maters love that rich soil!

I must be weirder than even I suspect I am because I LOVE the sound of frogs. We have spring peepers here along with green tree frogs, tiger frogs and bull frogs galor thanks to our two ponds so it isn't unusual to find green tree frogs hanging onto the side of the house.

@MrsMistyReal, how is your husband doing and how are you doing? Keeping you both in my prayers. Can't begin to tell you how contagious your cheerful greetings and positive outlook on life is and how much it is appreciated.
Thank you you're far to kind I just feel that making someone smile can make my day worthwhile Hubby is doing well Monday was his first day of chemo this Wednesday will be the next 4weeks in total then they'll strength the dose's & to also see if it's taking effect for now he continues to go to work and stay positive
How are you and yours doing:frow
I love the sound of frogs or when they get stuck on one of our windows cute /I also collect frogs which are through out our house , owls in the living room,roosters in the kitchen:cool:

Bruce that is a cute BR baby!
Thanks. One of the Golden Campines will hop up into my hand as well. I must say, in all my years (OK, only 6) of raising chicks (now 4 batches) I've never had one that WANTED to be held. Heck never even had one that tolerated it any longer than absolutely necessary.

The Amish. I wish I understood them better. They all have HUGE families. Not unusual to see 17 kids in a family.
Gotta have a lot of bodies when there is no motorized farm machinery. Of course, all that "horsepower" needs to eat all year long. Isn't that one reason people who are not opposed to motors moved away from horse/oxen powered machines to motorized?

We need rain SO bad. Y'all can send your surplus west cause we sure could use it.

My small garden is doing well in spite of the dry spell mainly because I'm watering and mulching everything.

@CapricornFarm, my white pumpkins and warty red squash are doing well. Can hardly wait to harvest. I moved a few panels to my run around last fall and this year I planted my tomato plants where the run once was. Those 'maters love that rich soil!

I must be weirder than even I suspect I am because I LOVE the sound of frogs. We have spring peepers here along with green tree frogs, tiger frogs and bull frogs galor thanks to our two ponds so it isn't unusual to find green tree frogs hanging onto the side of the house.

@MrsMistyReal, how is your husband doing and how are you doing? Keeping you both in my prayers. Can't begin to tell you how contagious your cheerful greetings and positive outlook on life is and how much it is appreciated.
Me love everything froggy too.... even the toads that walk across the street But those eensy ones that stick to your sliding glass door and emit the HUGEST croak .... I laugh every time.

Great on the pumpkins and squash vines! I wondered if anyone planted the ones i sent. I have not even planted mine yet.

So Herbs... I am guessing the ones a person likes....

I guess for me it would be
Sage yes
Basil yes
Cilantro yes
dill
Anise
Tyme yes
rosemary yes
lavendar yes
Garlic yes and a elephant variety
Lemongrass
mint yes was here when we moved here
onion planted walla walla sweet onion
parsley yes

??

Thanks. One of the Golden Campines will hop up into my hand as well. I must say, in all my years (OK, only 6) of raising chicks (now 4 batches) I've never had one that WANTED to be held. Heck never even had one that tolerated it any longer than absolutely necessary.

Mine were spoiled and they wanted to be held as chicks and get belly rubs!
Even my 6 month old turkey wanted to sit on my shoulder! :gig

Gotta have a lot of bodies when there is no motorized farm machinery. Of course, all that "horsepower" needs to eat all year long. Isn't that one reason people who are not opposed to motors moved away from horse/oxen powered machines to motorized?

@MrsMistyReal, give him a hug and tell him we are all rooting for him here at 'the home'!

God must have been listening to me because I went outside to put my mamma hen and the three chicks in the coop, it thundered and poured rain and hail on us. I got trapped under a tarp holding two trembling chicks until the worse of the storm passed.

I lost my last hen from the original flock that had ocular Marek's tonight. I think she stroked. I found her laying on her left side unable to stand. Her left wing was drooping and she kept rolling on her side. She also lost her vision in her good eye which was on the left also. I finally decided that she had stroked from Marek's and did the humane thing for her. She was so thin even though she ate like a horse. MD really did a number on her.

Yeah, cap, my pumpkins and squash are all blooming right now. Bad thing is that I lost my plant stakes telling me what I had planted where. So SURPRISE! when it comes to seing what is developing. I've got big robust plants though that are starting to vine.

Yes it was. We knew there was a storm hanging around but it looked like it was going to miss us. I had just managed to get mamma in the coop when it thundered. Went back for the chicks and it was starting to rain. Got one chick in, went back for the other two and it was pouring with half inch hail pelting down. I have a tarp up for shade for them and that's where we hung out until it passed.

Funny thing was that when we checked the radar, the storm got to us, gave us some much needed rain and dissolved completely.

Back
Top Bottom