The Old Folks Home

My grandad was Eugene Francis. First kid to be given names that weren't family names. In my opinion, the family names were way better choices... but the mom, from a family that often thought outside the box, won the name game with that baby.

Of course at that time lots of boys were named Francis or Eugene....

Forgot to send congratulations to @bruceha2000 on his daughter's college acceptance. You must be so proud of her.
Thanks Micro.

Now, anyone know the best/cheapest to pay for things in Canadian money when your bank account has US money?

micro, I'm assuming there must be an interesting story behind naming him Raspberry, but it got lost over time.
COULD be a surname! As in "William Raspberry".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Raspberry

Let's see, people in my family with a surname for their middle name:
Me, DD1, DD2, older sister, DW's sister, DW's mother. DW's father has no middle name. The army couldn't deal with that so his middle name was "None".

Thanks Micro.

Now, anyone know the best/cheapest to pay for things in Canadian money when your bank account has US money?

COULD be a surname! As in "William Raspberry".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Raspberry

Let's see, people in my family with a surname for their middle name:
Me, DD1, DD2, older sister, DW's sister, DW's mother. DW's father has no middle name. The army couldn't deal with that so his middle name was "None".
True..

Lots of last names as middle names in my family too.

Weather pattern here is changing and harvest of the soybeans and corn has begun. Fall is beautiful...but I have a problem with the short days and now the lack of daylight is quickly getting to me. :(
I'm not a big fan of spiders but things like this that lift my spirits when doing chores in the morning:
Horizontal milkweed spiderweb 9-25-2018 7-28-33 AM.JPG
Trellis spiderwebs 9-25-2018 7-27-27 AM.JPG

It was a misty/foggy morning and the sun coming up highlighted the spiders intricate work. The one in the milkweed is incredible!!

Back
Top Bottom