The Old Folks Home

What we did today.....

View attachment 2349762

We called it a day at 4pm. The small rectangle will be a window on hinges with a hardware cloth screen behind it that I can open in the summer plus there will be two vents on either side of the window. The door will be on the far left. This poor old shed has been through so much. Every time we thing it's a gonner we slap another pile of metal on it and hope it will last a few more years. Next spring it will get a metal roof...if it survives the winter, lol. This is the shed that we tore the north wall off of in order to get a shower stall out of it. I have the movie of DH tearing off the front wall. He was letting his hair and beard grow out at the time and little kids kept calling him Santa so he cut it all off.
I call it his Duck Dynasty phase.

This was the early spring after we bought the property. You can see the shower stall in the pic and our old corral which turned out to be solid white oak boards that we had milled down into lumber to trim out doors and windows.

You can see the north wall of my original coop and the bachelor run is to the right. I am hoping this will be my bachelor coop over the winter months saving me having to be outside to feed and water, and in the summer I'll convert it to a broody room.

I wouldn't have been able to do this without my dear husband's help. :love Tomorrow we will get the window hung along with the door, finish the framing and hopefully get the metal on the wall before we get the rain they are calling for.

All I have to do is get the pop door installed, roosts up and it's good to go.
Wow, you got a lot done! I was putting up fencing.

Thanks @CSolis and @CapricornFarm. We were hoping to get the metal on it but ran out of steam. My job was to take the outer layer of corrugated metal siding off the outside north wall of the coop. I'm tired of it being a condo for rodents between the walls. We would have taken the inner walls off of the East and West inner walls but we were afraid if we did that and tore off the old wall board it would destabilize the whole building. the south west corner was off the foundation before we tore the wall out and in all honesty we were sure the whole thing would collapse. It was in such bad shape.

A friend who died earlier this summer gifted me all the used metal siding along with a huge roll of Chain link fencing.

The silly building is like the energizer bunny, it just keeps going and going and going...

Pecans are good! We used to get some in TN. My trees here are not producing yet.
We shall see just how good. One tree was busy blooming and was nearly finished when the second tree started. But they are two different varieties. This year was the first they had been fertilized in who knows how long. I suspect next year will be better after two years of fertilizer, lime and sulfur.

DW bought this puzzle
DSCN2116.JPG

MAYBE you can read the writing on the picture that came with it
DSCN2117.JPG

I cleaned the kitchen, and laid around most of the day. My meds are tearing up my stomach again. I did take some probiotics, which helped with the part of the problem, then later had to take an anti-diarrhea pill. I wanted to go do some things, but didn't dare get too far from the bathroom. I hate when my stomach gets like this.

Back
Top Bottom