The Old Folks Home

The flu vaccine it the same and will let you not get sick but still spread the virus as is polio
What you say is true, however, if all those at high risk get their vaccines, it doesn't matter about the spread. Getting it isn't the problem. Most recover just fine. It's those at high risk that are the problem, or those that when things progress to the point they do need medical intervention, don't go get it. That's when it becomes dangerous. The vaccine can help with that.

What you say is true, however, if all those at high risk get their vaccines, it doesn't matter about the spread. Getting it isn't the problem. Most recover just fine. It's those at high risk that are the problem, or those that when things progress to the point they do need medical intervention, don't go get it. That's when it becomes dangerous. The vaccine can help with that.
Yes, but my guess, with the politicizing of Covid, that only about 50% of people will get the vaccine. That leaves millions that can get it.

It is similar to Grandpa getting polio from the grand child that recently had the vaccine and Grandpa never did but on a larger scale. We will need to wear masks and follow those guidelines until the virus is under control

Ron, that's your opinion, and I respect it, but it's not my opinion.

On another topic, the kids came running in that there was a rooster loose in the yard. ???????? Dd, and I went out to check. I headed to the coop to see how in the world one had managed to escape, while she ran out to make sure it was our rooster, and catch it.
NOT our rooster. I have no idea where it came from, but it's NOT ours.

Really nice for November, it was up to 71°
Here too!
Oh wait, it was 17° ;)

Sounds like everyone is been busy!
How have you been JD?? Besides the Covid of course.

FDA did approve a cocktail of drugs
for those it was given to trump when he got it
And today I heard on the radio that they no longer recommend Rendesivir, said it doesn't really accomplish much and is ridiculously expensive.

:th

That is not the kind of vaccination I was hoping for.
Me either.
That's how most flu vaccines work. Those that want/need the vaccine can get it. At least we can all stop wearing these stupid masks.
So ... if one gets the vaccine and therefore will have the virus with no symptoms they can stop wearing a mask so they can give it to others more easily?

I have no idea where it came from, but it's NOT ours.
It is NOW! ;)

It won't matter for me. With or without the vaccination I will have to wear a mask during cold and flu season thanks to the Prolia I take. I'll still be avoiding crowds and the unwashed public and the snotty nosed hacking kiddies during the winter months. Nothing will change there.

What I can't seem to get a bunch of people we know in our HAM club to understand is that one of the reasons to support wearing masks is that the goal is to prevent the spread of illness so that the hospital system does not become overwhelmed. First responders and medical professionals are being exposed to some pretty potent buggies out there. Who will take care of the sick and wounded if they themselves are sick and in the hospitals that they work in.

My husband and I have decided to wait to get any vaccines until they 'work the bugs out of it' so to speak. I've heard that the side effects are pretty intense. Frankly I'm okay doing things the way I've been doing them and willing to wait. I deal with enough pain and misery to wish any more on myself or my husband.

Back
Top Bottom